Monday, February 5, 2018

Little Slices

My weekend was filled with little slices of beauty and little slices of accomplishments.
From clearing more closets of old totes and bags, to letting go of some of my most treasured sandals.
One by one, I'd stare at them with pure happiness just remembering all the places each one went along with me to. 
Kali drove home Friday to grab more bags of clothes along with her home goods. She also took things we've shared for quite a while. (well since she was gone to Italy) Her Ninja bullet blender.  Her black jacket.  Her booties I adore...
Each thing she'd stuff into her car, smiling at me "mom, I'm so sorry, I would leave it but...."

The truth is, it's good. The clearing. 
Minus her Ninja bullet thing.  That thing kicks ass.
*cough-cough-hint-hint-my-birthday-is-up-next-kids. 
jk

The purging. 
The freshness of Springtime coming closer and closer. 
New seasons. 
Tori and I had a lunch/walk on beach date Saturday.
As we were walking out the door she says..
"Oh my goodness auntie, look at this"
A hummingbird nest!

Strangely enough, we have two more birds that are living on our heaters.
And Egrets on the dock. 
Are you shocked that birds love us so much?

I'm not....LOL!



Kali and Tori...6 months apart.  
I'm so proud of her. 
Pushed herself through community college to 
CSULB! GO BEACH! 
Her style is impeccable.
Her spirit even more so.

I love you Tori Lynn...it was my pleasure to walk side by side with you.
Auntie is so proud of you!




The Fit Bar -- Newly opened....Corner of PCH and Anderson St.
You're a local?  Give it a shot..
This Pitaya bowl....amazing!


We did the Super Bowl thing yesterday at our local watering hole.  It's the place for us that "Everybody knows your name" type of a gig. We indulged in terrible food fried everything lol- and good drinks.  
This morning I woke at 4am, with a body that said, umm you're not sleeping anymore girl, get up and deal with it...

Driving to work, hazy head.  Draggin' ass on a typical Monday morning I see this little guy running along Artesia Blvd. (BUSY STREET) Alone. Scared and obviously lost. 
I scoot to the side of the road, push my hazards on...and start calling him.  He darts into the street.  Then with my softest pleads, he comes to me.  I grab him and into my car he goes.  Shaking like a leaf, we'd drive back to the closest neighborhood. He on my lap.  I put on my classical music, rubbing his little chest.  Telling him over and over I'm gonna help him.  Made loops in and out of that hood 5 times. Then across to the other hood, same thing.  No one.

Realizing I need to get him to a vet or shelter to see if he's chipped.  
Collar on, no tags.  UGH!!! Freshly shaved but felt kinda dirty.  He's probably not kept inside. 
I take him to Downey SEACCA, and was totally off guard on how shitty the girl working the counter was.  Here I am with no leash. This poor scared guy and she tells me, we don't take dogs from that area, you must go to Long Beach.  

So we get back in the car and off to LB...I continue to tell him how proud I was he was being so brave with me.  Rubbing his chest some more....
I pull into LB SEACCA and it says --CLOSED MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS---

I make my way to the front door, and three ladies standing out front just stare at me..
I explained that I know they're closed, but I need to get to work.  He has no collar, just needs to be scanned for chip and taken in.  
My thought is that family (that didn't care enough to put contact info on his collar) would find him there, easier than back on the streets (dead) or with me. 

The intake man that came to grab him wasn't the most kind man, wearing big boots, with the rope around his neck...started dragging him...
I said "can you just be nice and talk to him please"---

Left there in TEARS! NOT WHAT I WANTED ON A MONDAY MORNING!

LESSON: IF YOU HAVE A DOG, PUT A COLLAR WITH CONTACT INFO!! 
And why are dogs left out?!!

And why did he cross paths with me today?

And why why why!!!

My heart has been stinging all day....

What if I just found him a home.
What if I just drove around longer.
What if a gardner left their gate open.
What if that man is mean behind the scenes at the shelter.
What if I did the wrong thing.


UGH!!!

I prayed for him when I drove away.
I told him I was trying to do the right thing. 

I hope his family finds him. 

I've posted him on Craigslist Lost and Found (thank you Jenny-bear for tellin' mama this) and on a Facebook lost and found page in Cerritos.

This cutie deserves better.






He was shaking so much but when I'd rub under his neck he'd calm instantly. I tried to rub his eyes and face and he bit me. LOL!

Hey, I'm kinda funny about my big ol' nose too....so I feel ya buddy. 



I hope your week is good friends.  

I hope you find slices of goodness like hummingbird nests' and fresh sunshine riddled air....

I hope this little guy is reunited with a better-than-what-I'm-judging- family...


Love hard kids. 

In the end, it's all we have.


Peace out.


Raise your hand if your bed sounds really good right about now!


This Mama Lisa 

ps- To my cousin  Mikie, and Auntie Susie...Goodbyes are never easy.  The fight against cancer isn't good. It isn't easy.  He tried.  You all tried.
May PEACE be with you.  And the memories you all shared be bright and filled with some good laughs.  Your dad has the most beautiful eyes...
I am sorry. 

No comments: