Friday, February 9, 2018

Prudent Advice For Women

I bought Kali this book before she left to Italy.  A little reminder of life's basic to-do's with manners on top. 

It was one item she brought back, and repacked for school.
It's also one she holds close. Quite sure she'll have forever...
Reading the little notes mama left inside. 
Heart so full with that stuff. 

Small meaningful things I never really paid much attention to.  Much less, teach them to my babies.
Manners are a big deal, and sometimes the little grey areas need a simple acknowledgment. 
From what I see these days, most especially out in public, the kids of this generation surely need to be reminded. 

I certainly took many things away from this little tiny orange book. 

My hope for you is the same.

To my girlfriends, sisters-from-another-mister, aunties, cousins (ya, Monica and Andrea..you!) Buy this book.  Make notes and hand it to your little ones someday...they'll surely thank you...

If you don't have daughters, or nieces...well, then...offer it to a girl in need.

I dove in, and could not stop reading. Taking notes, and underlining the little bits I wanted my baby birdie to read...and absorb. 


One that spoke to me.....Put back your grocery cart at the store at the cart return area.  
I was so guilty of shoving that silly cart up and over the little planter side to keep from ramming into a car.  I would slide it in front of my car in a good position (or so I thought) to not hit another car...
And yet, all it takes is maybe 20 steps to just return the damn thing.  (LAZY LISA) 
I've changed my way...I will always put the cart back now. 


My most favorite-----

 DO NOT LITTER. Under NO circumstance.  EVER
I hold this one seriously close to my ethics.  From what I've taught my kids from the littlest toddler days until now.  YOU MUST NEVER LITTER.  I remember once making Kris get out of the car after a straw wrapper.  He'd never do that again.  As a matter of fact, both of our kids will have a pocket full of small wrappers, receipts, etc.  But you will never see them litter.  Can't tell you how many times I'd do the wash to find pockets lined with wrappers....
Never complaining..so proud they didn't litter...

I was parked at Pavilions (my grocery store) the other morning.  I watched a well groomed woman, driving a fancy-pants car, open her window, tossing out a bag of gosh-knows-what.  It hit the ground. My jaw dropped.  Her daughter (dressed in St. Joseph Catholic school uniform) got out of the car, and tossed her napkin on the ground.  I then watched the mom toss her napkin out too!  It took everything in my being to not walk over, knock on her window and hand it back.

...I've done this before. And not just once....I grabbed a baggie with an apple in it that a woman tossed out, and I tossed back in her passenger side door.  LOL
This wasn't my first time--These days I can get shot.  So instead, I just boil. 

WHY DO PEOPLE LITTER! 
***RANT OVER***

I love this little one....

So true this day and age...so many of us caught up in the hustle and bustle of a busy life.
A busy world of material.

Sometimes just a nice baked item.....

LOVE.


Chuckled at this one. If you know me, you know I don't do costumes.  Making a promise to myself that sooner than later, I will. 







May you walk through this weekend doing what you feel like doing.  May you remind yourself as you stand there staring at your face tomorrow morning that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL....
May you take a break, and lift the heavy burdens off your back.  May you sit a little longer listening to the birdies.  May you soak up the rays of sunshine.  May you catch a sunset.  May you sip good wine.  May you hug a loved one.  May you stare at your children and be proud.  May you eat a good meal.  And be thankful you are able to.  May you have clean linens.  May you have a fridge stocked with something, rather than nothing.


May you be grateful.

May you just stay true.  To you.

Because you are beautiful.

You are smart.

And you are worth it. 


Love hard, 

And spread kindness......


This Mama Lisa 

No comments: