Thursday, February 15, 2018

And Just Like That

Did you all survive VALENTINESDAYTWOTHOUSANDEIGHTEEN!?

Is it me, or did you guys notice flowers, Teddy Bears, Balloons, gosh-knows-you-name-it-stuffed-in-a-basket....on every street corner?!  Not to mention the grocery store had this at the line entrance...

You guys.....

Allthelolzzz


I wanted to get in line with toilet paper and tampons but figured I'd really rock the line..Can you imagine sittin' my tampons on this guys cart.....
Can't stop won't stop----

I was actually in there to buy a card for my parents...
You guys...Look at this.  FIFTY YEARS.


Again, I found myself reading cheesy cards about "The Amazing Love You've Shared All These Years"  And at one point I had a huge lump in my throat ---
The truth is, looking back at the 50 years wasn't always amazing.  
As a matter of fact, it was out right grueling some days....
50 years was enduring some of my moms hardest days. Because of my dads drinking.
Alcohol taking a firm grip on our family life for half of those 50. 
A mom that pondered the thought of jumping out and leaving, but didn't leave because she had two little girls. 
50 years of sorting finances to make ends meet. 
Never over spending or purchasing things they couldn't afford.
And so they did without. 
Alot. 
In those 50 years they taught me hard work.
They taught me about the hippy vibe of just being kind.
And loving others.
Especially animals. 
They taught me that sticking together in the end is the only thing you're left with.
That deep love.
The love when you kiss your wife as she leaves on a gurney for surgery, that you cannot live without her.
Those 50 years will be figuring out how to get through the rest. 
Now a deeper sense of love.
A mom whom tries hard to stash the bad times.
Because she loved us.

Because she loves him.
Deep stuff kids.
Deep.
I sent their card last night. 
Fifty Years This Saturday...
Fifty.



But back to Valentines....2018.....

I kept thinking of my friends and family that are either not in a relationship or in one that just outright stinks, and I just imagine how these things feel. 

Like really?

LOVER'S LANE?

It made me want to remind all of us, that flowers, and balloons don't make the one holiday that much extra.  That the love we give and receive from friends and family all year long is what makes this chance in life more bearable. 

I hope this trend in seasons doesn't continue on this path of validation for love.

My Valentines Day at work was a funny one.
First this happened...
My computer with EVERYTHING I do everyday, alllllday, zapped down...
It took 5 hours to get it runnin' again.  And with it back up, only half of my sites, passwords, and documents restored..
Cupid surely won there...







Love is finding partners in girlfriends.  Sisterhood.  Dinners with those you care about.
Getting caught up in the hype of "flowers, balloons, gifts, and dates" just might be the notion of acceptance. 

We all want to be accepted.  We all want to feel love. We all want to walk this path with a lover and best friend. 

But when you're still searching, this stuff is a tad bit too much.

Keep loving yourself.  YOU are worth it.  Buy yourself a new plant.  Water your own garden, as they say....

The rest will fall into place.  

Don't give up!  And DON'T EVER GET IN THAT LOVER LINE!  

I call bullshit.  


This Lover Of Good Wine Happy Times With Good People And Best Friends. 

Lisa Lynn

And by the way....I love Bill beyond what I thought I could ever love.
He is my partner. My rock. My best hugger.  My tear wiper. My everything.
And I am so lucky, I know this. 
But boasting just ain't my thing. 

Ps.  Bill and I walked to a favorite restaurant up the street last night.  It's closed down for good. LOL
So instead we walked into our second fav restaurant "Himalayan" -  Welcomed with open arms.  Served by hardworkin' guys...not quite prepared for a crowd...but did such a fine job. 

And for the record, I didn't need tampons.  So lucky me, right?  Or lucky him. 
#wompwomp


sorry Kris and Kali...

LOLZ









No comments: