Friday, January 26, 2018

The Things Worth Discussing. Researching. Acting Upon.

Last night while sitting around the table at our biweekly dinner with some women I love dearly the topic was brought up about straws.  It didn't really dawn on me until I swigged away at my water just how convenient the straw really is.  But then later when I got home, soaking in a bath, I started my pondering on straws.  I know, I shoulda been in the living room cuddled up next to Bill, LOL, but instead I was soaking in an Magnesium filled hot tubby feeling rather good after some great Lebanese food and delicious vino.   

Straws. 

I made a promise with myself that I will no longer use them.  And just like carrying my own grocery bags into the stores which took months to program my body to pop the trunk, grab my bags...and head in.

I'll try to make a conscious effort to ask the server to NOT give me a straw.  Hopefully my family will follow suit. 







Although I'm not much of a straw person to begin with because I've always liked the coolness of the ice against my lips..
For some girls, like the one that rhymes with schmali whom prides her pearly whites, it's a vanity thing.  STAIN HER TOOFERS?!  
For others it may be an obvious convenience. 
And for some, it could be necessary...(those sick in hospital beds and can't sit up...)

Straws.

The effect. 

From our landfills, to our oceans. Sea life (Turtles) are most affected.  

Here's a site dedicated to the anti-straw movement....


I hope you all have a beautiful weekend.  I'll be soaking up peace and quiet. I'll be offering love to my family.  Hopefully hugging on our grand-doggo's some, and of course, doing lots and lots of cooking. 

Love and PEACE-






No comments: