Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Birthday Boy Bill

Happy Birthday to my best friend.  January ninth.  A day you shared with your mama.  Always waiting to see what her plans were, versus yours.  You both did, really. 
You're not one to cause a fuss about your day, but going to Supercross was and is your most favorite thing to do.  

This year we quietly celebrated with our six pack best o' friends...
A group we've grown to hold so dear to our souls.
We've all crossed some wild bridges together.
Tossing back shots, and clinking good wine together when the moments allow. 
Almost 20 years as a pack of six

I was explaining the traits I love most about you to Kali the other day.  Your handsome arms still make me smile.  Your eyes still melt me when ours meet across a room.  
This comb-over below is everything, really. 

What a cutie....

I discover new things I love about you every year, and also just a few I don't like too.
Like when you TRY to add water to our hand soap on the counter at work.  I'll never accept that nonsense. LOL

Or when you nag me about how I dispense the toothpaste, or how finding my hair "thingys" around is just way too much. lol. 
I love how you maintain everything you own.  Right down to the lists of oil changes in each car.
I love how you've taught the kids the importance of this task. 

I love how you love me during my hardest days.  When I am not easy to be around, you'll still find moments to hug me.  
I love how you understand my sense of smell, and how fumes of any sort *cough-cough* (cologne) can make me exit a building.  Or restaurant. 
You get me.

I love how you chuckle quietly when I try to watch a movie and fall asleep 15 minutes in. 

I love how on New Years Eve when I snorted in a snore out loud at 9pm, you just smiled at me. 




I love how year after year you stuff my stocking with red lipstick only to find I wear it once a month.

Maybe. 





I love how you always go with the flow, but when you let loose, watch out.  #drunkbill



I love how strong you kept up through the storms of trial and sickness. Never losing your cool on nurses, doctors or helpers.  #leavethatshitformama









I love how you make our margarita's before we take boat rides.  Always those little seashell cups, with salt along the rim.   



I love the way  you make our coffee, most especially on the weekends. 


(You guys, please look at my honey badger smile. YES.  HAHAHAHA)





I love how you supported my decision when I wanted to cut a bunch of hair off, and even complimented me when I came home. And yet this poodle bullshit when it's wet and drying is no bueno.  





I hope you and I can dance in dive bars for many more years to come.  I hope we set out on our dream one day and travel across the US in a rented motor-home,
finding every dive bar from here to NY.  

And that we're both healthy enough to do so. 

I love you so much Bill. 

Happy not-so-double-nickle-BIRTHDAY...!

I love the way you love me.

More so now, than ever. 



I hope it never changes.



Let's Rock-N-Roll!! Like this warm afternoon after a long days work...

All my love to you, 

Lisa Lynn or "Mama" as you call me. 


xo


No comments: