Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Filling The Cup


Or in my case, my heart. 

To the brim.

We arrived Thursday morning.


The kids arrived Thursday night.

The core purpose was celebrating life.

Winter in Havasu looks a little like this. 


Buses By The Bridge 2018-

It's where the mix of hippies and eclectic folk gather to show their not-so-fancy, and yet-super-cute-Volkswagen buses off to the world. Although we all had many check-back-over-your-shoulder moments at interesting situations, it was all good. 

If there's one thing I will always preach is that the most simple humble people searching for simple non material things in life, tend to be the most kind and soft hearted humans. 
You won't find pretentious people in that crowd. As a matter of fact, the most extreme opposite. 
I had the honor of catching Dave Manning on top of his VW Bus-

A kind fellow. 

Loves good dive bars (I mean, who doesn't) and gets tears in his eyes to good real music as he cruises along the countryside...good soul. 
Traveling the country in his very old VW bus.
Teaching us a thing or two about getting back up after things break down.
(This video is an old campaign kickstarter, just giving you an idea of the laid back folk there)
We caught Dave atop his VW, playing his piano and singing a good tune-
Stopped. Me. In. My. Tracks. 


You guys, look at the dog------m.e.l.t. meeeee

LOVE!




I asked Kali to snap this of Kris and I. 
His 2nd RE-Birthday.  A second chance in life. 
A moment with his mama. 
The mom that loves him beyond what he'll probably ever comprehend.
I am standing kinda weird.....I'm teetering on rocks. Slippery rocks.

Holding on to him.

Such is our life though, right?



As Jen stands above us smiling...Encouraging. Loving.


My lover and bestfriend.


My love for sunsets is endless.

My love for those who love us at our worst, and never turn their faces away---




Kris + Jen + Skipper + Buckie Boy....January 2018


Grant + Kali January 2018


Last weekend filled up my cup.
Pushing on through. 
-Grant, Uncle Wayne(Grady), Lisa, Tori Lynn, Bill, Kali, Jen and Kris-
2018


Knowing our lives jump back to business, school, dreams, healing and goals.

Sorting through new chapters. 
Unfamiliar territory.
New chances.

German love.


January. 

I'll leave you with one of my favorite Bad Company songs of all time.....
My rainbow is long over due...


I hope you all have a rad week.

Keep pushing. 
Keep trying.


Let's do this.

Smile at a stranger.  They need it more than ever these days.

This Mama Lisa

No comments: