Thursday, January 4, 2018

Closing Out Two Thousand Seventeen

If you're wondering the depth of my New Years Eve transition, see below.

My morning was slow.  Cozy.  But very slow. 
I was a prime example of letting the year end "the way I wanted"-

Slow....Quiet, and peaceful.

The entire day proved no different.

Parts of me wanted to get out and shake a leg, while the other part said..."You deserve what you want to do, and if you want to stay in and take a hot bath while candles are lit..well, then you go girl, do what YOU want..."

The first silly move I made was washing my hair that morning.
And if you're opening your eyes super wide, like "ew girl, you don't shower?!"
LOL!  I do, but washing this mop every day is like, no bueno.

So imagine this fog. Curly wet hair.  Lazy body.  Big fat sloth.

Don't get too disappointed in me though kids, I did manage to stuff the Christmas boxes to the brim with all the xmas stuff.  Minus the lights. We decided we'll give them one more week in all their dock glory.


Fog.
This is why we are lucky enough to own flat irons.
All praises to the flat irons in the world. HAHAHA!

If you wonder what we did for NYE?  Walked to Mothers Tavern. Football. Dinner. Tubby.  Bed. 

And I loved it.

The week before, Corey (whom has been like a son to Bill and I-along with Kris' long time best friend) asked Kris to be in his wedding.  Something I so badly hoped for a couple months ago when they popped the news, but had real no idea how it would unfold.

When Kris sent me this with tons of emotions behind that text.
Later explaining over the phone how he teared up.
Corey, I am beyond excited and proud of you.
I watched you evolve into a hardworking man.
Always loving those around you.
Always thriving through the stages of your life.
Kris is so honored to stand with you.
We are incredibly excited to watch you enter a new chapter.


And so...

HAPPY NEW YEARS KIDS!

I didn't manage to do a recap like I usually do.
It crossed my mind.
It also rehashed more yucky memories that I decided wouldn't be the best to upload and take a look.
2017 was a challenge for me.
For my family.
For my soul.
It truly was rough.
Although there were beautiful moments all together.
I felt overwhelmed looking back through folders of pictures.

So instead, I tucked away.
Loving on my little family.
Cooking meals.
Hugging them both when I could.
Hugging on the puppers when I could.

Simplicity.

Bringing in what I hope will be a celebration year.
A year to perhaps get in touch with our donor.
A year to love on my son a little more.
A year to love on my daughters a little more.
 A year to prosper in business and keep pushing for what we've worked so hard for.
A year to love on my best friend.

A year to just be at peace.
I want to put down my warrior stick.

Today, 2 years ago...we walked into City Of Hope.
Scared.
Confused.
Anxious.

And ready.



JANUARY 4TH, 2016


We had no idea how bumpy the road would roll out for us.

The ties that bound our family.

For better or for worse without the matrimony.

Relationships tested at full meter.

The love of his life would twirl in close during some of his worst days.

The mom would hover high in all places.

Taking names and calling bullshit when and where needed.

Sometimes frantically handling tasks she would never imagine handling.

You guys, we're almost at 2 years.

We are so close.

We are so so close.
(Thank you Mindi)


Kris, I know these pictures are hard to look at.
I have folders filled with heartbreak. This morning as I was driving to work and realized today is January 4th.  I couldn't help but cry- *shocker*
The song playing in my car didn't help the cause either.
Look at you honey....
You've pushed through some of the hardest, most painful days.

Those first days at City Of HOPE are, and will be the hardest days of our lives.

But you're pushing through.

We are. Forever. And ever.

I love you.

Happy, almost 2 years, my handsome birdie.



Happy Thursday lovers...

This Mama Lisa



"What hell meant to break me has failed...Now nothing can silence my praise"


No comments: