Saturday, November 19, 2016

Our "Best News" Anniversary!

November Nineteenth Two Thousand Fifteen. 


We were on our way to a port change,  with a side of a "small bag of chemo".  I'd pull up to their place with warm hopes he'd feel strong and good enough to walk to my car.  I always had his seat filled with blankets and pillows....First thing he'd ask for was Gatorade.
As I pulled into CVS, right to the front I grabbed my wallet and phone.
I was next in line with the person in front of me grabbing their receipt from the sweetest eldest, what looked to me like a LB local. With the stain on her cheeks of many years of sunshine down there in the LBZ.  A chirpy sweet vibe.  Next in line, I'd hear my phone ring.  Knowing I needed to answer, yet in all my manners, one of which I've taught my children, YOU MUST NEVER ever be on the phone while being served.  
I quickly apologized to this sweet lady, rambling out "I am so sorry, I must take this VERY important call" (It was from City Of Hope)
Looking up to see that gatorade ring up at 1.60 somethin' and I'd lay 2.00's down, to briskly walk out the front door.  As Kathy from City Of Hope started to give me the news. 

News that "We've found a donor for Kris"- We actually have two.  However the younger of the two will be requested.   
I immediately broke into tears as my son watched me navigate back into the car.  I went from hugging his arms, leg, and smiling at him while tears rolled down my cheeks.  Running late to our chemo appointment...and all I could do is just sit in amazement.  Sheer amazement. 

What I didn't know was the road he'd head down.

I will forever and ever be grateful for November 19, 2016-

I will forever and ever be grateful for my son here with us today. 

Because we have our German donor. 

Here's a link to our Thanksgiving announcement last year. Forever THANKFUL


To all my fellow fighters out there.  KEEP PUSHING.  Don't EVER give up on Faith.

Do your research.  Spoil your babies.  Be firm when needed, yet soft all around. 




NOVEMBER 16, 2015
GERMANY!


Happy Saturday friends....

PEACE, LOVE AND PRAY FOR A CURE!


This Mama Lisa

No comments: