Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Bring Me All The Signs.

Alex Tung- Fellow Transplant Survivor - City Of HOPE---


As I was sitting at my desk we'd see a guy make his way down the hall, to peek around the corner at us.
Eye to eye with me. Not knowing what our warehouse had...just driving by. Noticing the clothing sign.
 He wanted to buy shirts to take to Hawaii tomorrow. 

I'd say "ALEX"! He smiles back with a look of shock...."Oh my gosh, this is crazy, you're Kris' mom"-

Coincidence? 

Or.......


Alex endured the same protocol of transplant as Kris at City Of HOPE. He also had a "clinical trial". of umbilical cord blood.  Something necessary after exhausting 6 months of trying to find a donor for his Asian decent. Pushing the odds against him more than ever. We reached out to him last year as Kris was preparing to go through the fight of his life.  He was a tad bit vague with us at the time. Rightfully so.  Knowing what was ahead of us, maybe he spared us the gruesome information that would indefinitely bring us together some day.  At one point I blamed our ocean for getting Kris sick.  Alex is an avid surfer.  At this time last year I kept thinking the leukemia came from the radiation in our waters...sounds conspiracy-ish...but let me tell you, when your child is fighting to survive, and diagnosed with the scariest term. You begin to blame. 

And yet here we are. 

Surfers, divers and fisherman.

I didn't think it would happen like this.  As a matter of fact, just last weekend we had emailed back and forth. He mentioning he'd love to meet us soon. Afterall, we're from the same town, per say. 
I'd mention putting together a little bbq of sorts to just sit together and spread love and hugs from what he and Kris endured. 

But today......TODAY, I got to hug his sweet arms, and kiss his sweet cheeks.  

On this day last year, this was my view...
 

And today.....I get to see this...



You can find Alex' story here-

(His words about his mama....melt-me)

I always preach about looking for signs.  Trying to let my heart lean on God.  My worries, most especially during my darkest days go to places they shouldn't.  

And it's days like today.  When this person walks in.  

I think....."Everything is gonna be alright"-

With another glance up to the Heavens with my utmost gratitude.

Thanks for stopping by Alex.....

ALOHA, you fighter you....

This Mama Lisa

No comments: