Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Thoughts.

I came across a read the other day, and it totally sunk in. 

Like deep.  I have pondered on it since. 




"The world doesn't respond to me like it used to.  Throughout my life I had learned to anticipate a certain pattern of focus and friendliness.  And I never realized how much of that was based on my youth and physical appearance.  I thought it was because of my energy and personality. But I've had to accept that a woman becomes less and less visible as she ages.  It begins to fade in your 40's, and drops off in your 50's.  You have a harder time holding people's attention.  The conversations become less about you, and more about the transaction. It used to really bother me.  I would feel abandoned or ignored.  But I've grown out of it.  There's a certain grace to letting go of the need for attention.  I was an 
actor for most of my life. I was all about getting attention.  But 
now I'm working as a sign language interpreter, which I love. 
Because it isn't about me at all."

Beautiful.

Do you see and feel the truth in this?




It certainly doesn't speak for my young readers.  You are in the prime of your life with body, style and spirit. What happens as you get older is the notion that society judges us by our looks.  By our bodies.  By our income.  By our style. By our fancy things.  By our material. 

What society fails to notice is the generation of kindness. Of the woman that sits quietly in the room not trying to rally the attention, but yet reels you in eventually by her spirit.  

My heart is in the right place when it comes to dressing up, dabbing makeup on here and there..curling my eye lashes, while keeping my same mascara application process.  (something my 20 year old daughter tried to correct me on, LOL)

I forbid carrying a big purse, and yet if you see the big wicker bag I manage to fill on the daily you'd
chuckle. Just don't let me wear Velcro shoes kids. 

Reality is, we have enough visual supplements in society these days. 

It's truly not possible. It's something that is part of life.  THIS NEW LIFE.

Society.

My wish to you is finding the beauty in who you are.  What you give back to society. 
Even though at times it's seems as though you're invisible.



Keep being beautiful.

Even if it's standing back while the world moves around you.

A smile is worth a million dollars.


And kindness.

Never give that up.



 To think I'm 1 1/2 years away from ten years past this picture.

Wild.

Seems like yesterday...

Big love and sweet blessings to you this weekend! Happy Friday!

This Mama Lisa

This picture is from the day we celebrated finding a donor.  Yes, my eyes are filled with happy tears....

Holla.


No comments: