Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday You Sneaky Feller....

Raise your hand if you're ready for this political circus to end?


  How embarrassing.  All of it. 

Sad to say, it won't end tomorrow....this shiz is gonna drag out onto the lawn and across the street for days and days and days. 

I have also tossed more ridiculous worded/tree killing political post-cards away without giving it so much as a transfer from one hand to the trash within 30 seconds. 
Folks, if you haven't done your homework by now, and truly follow what you believe, well then you need help. 

jk.
But not really. 
Get out and vote, if you haven't already. Propositions affect you directly here in California. 
YOU matter.  Stand up for what YOU believe.

Last week my lover bolted off to SEMA, which is in Vegas. - In reality I think he caught a good time with good friends and came home on Friday to the same ol' bs that goes down in life. Our business life.

I couldn't wait for him to come home though...as always. I miss him.

But

First up, this. 
If THAT isn't a welcome home banner, I don't know what is....


No worries though kids, it's only a water pump.  Did I ever mention I can never own a VW again? 

Ya, these sillies have Audi engines, and at this point in the game we can't play this wallet wrestling game. 

No mas. 

But our Friday night turned into sweet goodness.  Especially when you head to Sea Legs in HB. 

Tis truly is the best little wine bar in all the beachy land.  And just like the sign reads
 "If you're lucky to live by the sea, you're lucky enough"-
So sipping Jesus' juice with friends celebrating someones 50th.....well. I'd say we're lucky enough.

Happy Birthday Eric!!
 And while we were out drinking Jesus' juice, our littlest birdie was gettin' her Sorority Sisterhood Formal on. 
The request for the first round of pics came in a little spicy like this...

And then of course you know the drill with kids, social media, college, and the chapters you try to navigate through...I'm like, um. what.is.going.on.here.  Nervously asking if she posted this.  Texting as fast as I could. Scratching my head.  Wondering if I'm doing something wrong. . #parentfail? LOL
I am believing that he is holding her water, and she's trying to just cover up with that blanket as they laughed the night away.  oh.em.gee. For the record her leg isn't up in the air, juuuust that arm. Kali, Kali, Kali.....
Last year I received a picture of 5 girls squatting in an alley taking a whiz. 
Maybe we're taking it up a notch?
She did get creative in asking Grant to formal.

Then she sends me this. Which I get my glasses out to see if there's a nude bra underneath because as I hand the phone over to her papa....um.  He got his underwear all twisted up, and I explained "this is the style" and he still didn't want to buy that. 

But, whatch gonna do? 


Maybe I can send her clothes from Target. 



Anyway.....
Moving on kids...moving on. 

Oh gosh, I think I'm digging an even bigger hole.  I see side boob. 

Oh my word. 


UGH!!!

So, while our perfect family and perfect kid was doing perfect everything....

WE ARE PERFECT!
Perfect kids, perfect mom- LOL!

LAUGH-OUT-LOUD.  
She still continues to kick butt in school. 4.0 has been and hopefully will always continue.
Just don't tell anyone she sits on concrete in a dress.  thanks.

I was trying to find the most perfect hat for The Breeders Cup. Something I'd always heard of, yet never really had the desire to do.  Something about fancy feather hats, heels and gambling. notmything
But then I remembered I had this big hat from the summer and once tried to pull it off. 
Stuck that sucker on the top of my head one summer day at the lake and literally stood there laughing out loud into the mirror. 

Another day, another chance, but not that day. LOL

And so...
 I tossed on a summer dress (bathing suit cover -actually-) and this womper of a hat.  And headed out to the races with my lover.
 And guess what my strategy was...? Bet on the cute names. 
It didn't really help, but was sure fun for me.

We met up with our buddy Jerry from Hallett Boats.  A day spent laughing hard.  Sipping wine, er..gatorade and vodka...
Can I tell you a little secret?  
Remember how I told you during my blossoming relationship with Jesus, how I just ask him to show me signs.  Or maybe it's not that...maybe it's more of my own search during my own journey. 

As I made my way around being introduced to new friends...I'd shake the hands of "Lorraine"-
She's an OR Nurse at City Of Hope. 

Seriously you guys.  Sometimes I wanna look up to the heavens and just smile. 

She knows our doctor.  She knows my path. Our path.  

I won 2 dollars at the races.  What I won, in friendship, in fellowship and good laughs, was to look at the goodness.  In people and places.  

Sunday morning Bill and I both woke up with the talks of pancakes. I had been craving them for weeks. 
Off to the store I went.  Loaded up the truck with all things "Sunday Morning Breakfast and Dinner"- 
Pancake breakfast and a big ol' pot of chile for us.  

Guess what else we pulled out?



And before you start accusing us of being over achievers, settle down....LOL!

We were pretty bored yesterday. AND....why not be the first one up.  Why not enjoy this holiday season just a tad bit more. This time last year we were all so frazzled.  SO FRAZZLED----


Tis the season kids!  Gobble Gobble --------> HO-HO-HO-HO!!!


Happy Monday! Hope you're feeling silly like me.

Just gooooo with it. 

Or not. 

Keep kindness in front.

Love to you all,

This Mama Lisa


No comments: