Thursday, November 10, 2016

Kali, YOU ARE MY FAVORITE DAUGHTER.

Well, you....and Jen- But you know you roll a tight first because, well....I carried you and heard your heartbeat first. And I felt you first. And I birthed you natural. And I carried you around all day, every day so you wouldn't scream. But we won't talk about those first days, because really it's just a distant memory now. 

What I have carried around in my heart since, is how proud I am of you.  How proud you've made me through all the days of elementary, as you memorized each bible verse each week like a pro.  You always wanted to be by my side, most especially falling asleep with me.  You were my driving partner to the many many different soccer practice and game day fields.  You would confide in me with your deepest fears, and most always your secrets.  You trusted me whole kindheartedly with your education, health, food, and wisdom.  Knowing full well I would step up to ANY plate to help you.  We did have the small phase in high school where me working the dances wasn't your favorite, and yet you just smiled through it.  

You've moved on to college like no other. Only struggling through those first months in that dorm. Something I truly believe was so meant to be.  I take back my theory that "going away to college is over-rated" because it's not.  I do believe it helps mold people independently.  It just does.  Not always easy, but they do survive. 

You've kept amazing grades, and super amazing relationships with professors.  Always that first initial meeting that you think they're "weird", and most times they've turned out to be your favorite.  Remember that lady professor last year? Amazing story. 

You've loved me back when you've felt pushed back during brothers journey.  A mom that lost all college worries about you.  You still stood strong and kept your shit together.  I thank you. 
You uber like a boss.  For that whole deal, I am forever grateful.  
You navigated through heartbreak way better than I could.  In fact, sometimes I would be quick to judge something and you'd shut it down.  

I'm sorry I posted that picture of you on the ground LOL- and it offended you.  Most offending was my comment about Parenting Fail.  I say things out of silly-ness.  The world knows you're a good kid. 

Just out having the time of your life in college. 

Also, spending our money.  JK.  totally jk.  please don't send me another sad text. 

Shark week bites, and this full moon bites.  This too shall pass....

I love you, and could shout to the world just how proud I am of you.  You are really amazing.  

Don't toss the towel in on me.  HAHA!

So, hey world...I never meant to make my little beautiful birdie out to be a sidewalk junkie. 

I love you Kali.  You make Dad and I proud. I can't wait for you to bring it all home someday and take care of us!  BOOM!
  
Her dinners.....YUM!
And if you wonder what this is above, it's sweet loving love from Grant to Kali. Dropped this off while she was at school. She was feeling under the weather this week....and so these are a few of her favorite things...

Grant, what a stud! THANK YOU!  You are a sweet heart!  The spoiled love the spoilin'- xoxo



Going through pictures from last year on this day.  

My handsome birdie....  November 10, 2015

You've come a loooong wayyy babayyyyy!

Happy Thursday kids.  Hope you're all coping with this political social media circus.  


God Bless AMERICA!


This Mama Lisa-

Kali, I LOVE YOU!

No comments: