Thursday, August 25, 2016

Sisters. Birthday.

The girl that laid in a twin bed next to me for 17 years. 

Even at times we had the chance to have our own room.  We still snuck in together. For safety and comfort.

The girl that loved to read, and loved to eat sunflower seeds.

The girl that knows my deepest stories. And my deepest chapters.

The girl that would pee when our dad offered a spankin' if we deserved one.

The girl that is a delicate flower, like a rose petal. 

The girl that stood next to my son in his darkest days. Even at times when he didn't want to talk. She'd sit there. 

The girl that can make a mean mac-n-cheese. 

The girl that will do anything for our kids.  Details that mean the most. Like wrapping gifts.  Never a gift bag.  

The girl that would lay awake with me as a little girl conspiring a plan on how we'd get our dad to shut off that gosh-darn stereo. Afterall, Tuesday nights weren't the fairest of them all for school days.

The girl that keeps one ear open when I let my opinions roll..or nag her up a tree.  She does listen.
But most always marches to her own beat.  Who needs to listen to baby sister anyway right?

The girl that would take phone calls from the schools when I'd get suspended.  For fighting. 

I call us alley cats, because it's a funny to me.  We are tough little cats.  

We'd have the best camping adventures.  Always headed straight to the juke box with hopes they had Charlie Daniels "Devil went down to Georgia"-  Because we'd sing that song word.for.word. Still do.

Tina, I hope this day is everything that feels special.  From your drive up with your little birdie, to the stops along the way.  To the feeling of walking into our parents home and hugging dad. And watching mom scurry around to make sure you feel at home.  And that chocolate cake.  

I hope you feel love from those that adore you.  Especially your home-girls that keep you going in the hardest darkest hours. 

I hope you have sunshine, shade, good food, and lots of smiles up there with Bella....

And may the little frogs bless your feet on Mom and Dad's front porch. 

Spread that love and sweetness all over that land.  

They're all lucky to have you there. 

Happy Birthday you fierce Virgo.  The detailed planner, and over thinker. 

I love you.  

Your little sister,
 
Lee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful. I love my niece's so much! HAPPY BIRTHDAY T.

Unknown said...

That was beautiful. I love my niece's so much! HAPPY BIRTHDAY T.