Monday, July 11, 2016

Forever Young.

Not sure if any of you folks are Rod Stewart fans. Maybe some, maybe not.


I am.

There's this song that I've dedicated to my son since 2007. The year he graduated.  I made him sit down next to me in our little living room and awkwardly listen to it. Graduation day. At the time he squirmed a little in the chair. I perfectly remember him staring down at the carpet.  Occasionally looking up, kind of avoiding eye contact.  Because...I had tears in my eyes.  *shocker*.  
Not sure any young lad really wants to see their mom cry.  As a matter of fact, I still know they hate to see me cry.  
Kris and I are extremely close.  As a matter of fact, the days leading up to his graduation we tangled into a huge fight.  Words exchanged with fierce meaning.  Both expressing some truth. He told me off, and I to him. 
He stormed out of the house exclaiming he wasn't ever coming back.  Ever. 

Come night fall, I was blowing up his phone.  He paid his own "pre-paid" bill.(still think it's why he's so good with managing money)  So my pleas for him to return worked because he wasn't going to give up those "minutes" of my nonsense. When in reality I should of let the little shit stay where-ever he was because, duh..isn't that what tough asses are supposed to do?
I didn't. 

The last few weeks of high school, and graduation time was super stressful for he and I.

It all seemed to work itself out...etc. 

Every time I hear this song it melts me.  Its meaning isn't just for him. But for Kali.  For my friends.  For their young lads.  For little cousins. For big cousins.  
How time flies by and you try to hold onto it.  Even more so because the days are delicate.

So.  So.  Delicate.

We haven't really had the chance to hang much recently.  I had a virus.  Then Bill.  Then Kali.  
Kris avoided us, rightfully so...
Keeping covered out on the ocean July 2016

The weekend was full of texting, pictures, adventures, and life.  They're shopping for their new place.
My given rule by Bill was to "let the kids nest on their own honey"- is working out.....i guess. 

I want to "do", and love and nest and decorate, and paint and nurture. 

But I had to remind myself....it's their journey.  It's their story. It's their nest.  

It's those words I made him hear nine years ago....




May the good Lord be with you, down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness surround you when you're far from home
And may you grow to be proud dignified and true
And do unto others as you'd have done to you
Be courageous and be brave and in my heart you'll always stay

Forever young
Forever young

May good fortune be with you, may your guiding light be strong
Build a stairway to heaven with a prince or a vagabond
And may you never love in vain and in my heart you will always remain

Forever young
Forever young

Forever young
Forever young

And when you finally fly away, I'll be hoping that I served you well
For all the wisdom of a lifetime no one can ever tell
But whatever road you choose, I'm right behind you, win or lose



You guys make me proud...

In other breaking news....the other birdie...was lucky enough to roll with the big wigs again and attended a Selena Gomez concert with her besties.  And her besties moms and I decided chaperoning would be a great idea....because hello wine, a driver --holla Shelley-, and Cindy with all her good positive loving vibes...
WHAT A NIGHT!



If you are wondering what Bill and I did Friday night....

Well, we landed at dinner with my "Sister's-in-Love's"-  One martini turned into four....

Four turned into a visit at Don The Beachcomber....

Don The Beachcomber turned into staring at the clock when we got home and it read 12:34am.

12:34am turned into a 5:00am headache and long stare in the mirror questioning my bargaining skills with martini's. 

But.....

We are "FOREVER YOUNG"

Right?

Happy Monday.  How'd it treat you?


Mine.....shark sighting 4 am. White sheets.  Favorite new underwear.  

Bam.

It's gonna be a good week! I feel it.  

This Mama Lisa

No comments: