Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Dear Selfish.

Well, how'd the town treat you this weekend?  Buncha firecrackers and senseless bombs goin' off?


(Direct result of a guy that should've been in bed, and a chick that needs darker makeup, but made an appearance because she wasn't going to miss out on a night she'd look so forward to, and so we took ten bong rips, and headed out. Kidding.) [Just go with it like I did friends] #notresentfulatall

Our weekend was full of healing.  Cooking. Cleaning. Rest. Healing- Closed eyes (because someone decided The 4th Of July weekend, longest bestest weekend of the year) was a good time to have his eyes repaired- Not naming any names, but this person is tall, handsome, green eyed and a smile to knock out a crowd.  But to say by 6am this morning I wasn't a tad bit selfishly pissed off that a
weekend was handed off doing more taking care of a family member. (If I come off as brass and
bratty, I think I am)  When in reality as you look at the big picture, it's warmer and more loving to remind oneself just how delicate life can be.
 Instead of feeling sorry for myself and resenting my role as a loving person because I wanted to run wild all weekend.  Enjoying all the sights and sounds.  Dancing under the starry skies on that sandy beach.  Hugging friends with too much wine flowing through my veins, over using "I love you's"
blah blah blah........
This wasn't all about me.
We did find my sisters in love, managing to cram all together until sun fall, so there's another highlight of the weekend. At least Stevie and I could agree on that. #theonlything.


Saying too many I love you's is never a bad thing...right?


I managed to clean like a robot. All linens, towels, counter tops and various dishes I'd whip up. 
The sun shone down just like any other year, full of happy laughter and chatter filling the water side as I would hear kids sharing paddle boards, and jumping off boats, and into water.  
Reading my book under the shade, and sometimes sun.

Sharing some moments with Shelly, Maria, Roxanne and my sister on Saturday, quickly turning into an unplanned charade of laughter at the bar behind us when we crashed a private party, filled with folks in costume.  This girl in a sweatshirt and makeup-less face. No bigs. Famous last words..."just walk in, don't stop and keep walking" boom. Not that I spilled my wine all over the table either. #highlightofweekend.

As I laid my head down last night with preparation for what my week would hand me, it was everything in me to hold thankfulness.  And gratitude. (As bombs were filling the sky...ugh)  I still get the beginning of the week work jitters. We truly never know what our week will hand us. Sometimes butterflies and unicorns, and sometimes shit on a platter.

Life.


I do wish they'd ban fireworks all together. I simply see no reason to rip those bombs. In a world filled with terrorism and hate, it seems fitting to me to celebrate with music, drinks and sunshine.  Maybe living with intention to appreciate freedom with good food, and drink.  Bombs riddling our neighborhoods with nothing less than smoggy skies, and the desire to hide under my sheets as a human proves yet again, it's just not my thing. Is it just me? #sparklersrule 
I hope you all enjoyed your lovely weekend- 

My Stevie Wonder lover is feeling better today.  Perfect. LOL
Realizing today I coulda wore those black holey sweats all weekend and he wouldn't of known!

I did receive this from my aunt and uncle.  Made me smile! Nothing better than unexpected shots of love....




Big love and lots of good wishes for a safe week, with great hopes we make it to another weekend....
As for today, we nurse another pack member ...Kali caught "The Bug"
So that's awesome.
Womp Womp.

Jesus, please don't let go of my wheel!

Can they STOP playing those Matthew  McConaughy commercials? His voice has creeped my creep out. Stop!

And...just heard on the news of the many dumbbutts injured with fireworks. Sucks for you sucker!
Play with fire....yo gonna get burned!

How about this awesome weather!

Love,

Selfish Sassy Pants..


No comments: