Wednesday, April 8, 2015

It's Funny How.

Kali drove home last week for Spring Break.  And although I felt like she'd been here forever, I really feel like it went too fast.  This is the thing about pictures.  They are the hug of memory that takes you right back.
Her first days home were spent unwinding from mid-terms, and just the journey home.  A journey that made her car "check engine" light come on.  And her first time coming home with really no plans, but to just be with us.  And them.  My cousin Mindi, Crue, Summer and Broc came to town along with their little buddy-

First call of the week from Mindi to go hang on the beach and ride these bikes.  
"Second Cousins"-  A cute text I received from my cousin- (When asking the kids their highs and lows of our vacation, Summer replied-hanging with Kali)
After her day at the beach, she came home so we could try a new place she'd heard of. "Anaheim Packing District"-  It's a cute little two story building filled with the idea of food truck dining, yet built to seat as restaurant dining at each little spot-  The decor was adorable.  The space rather small.  But definitely worth trying once.  My recommendation would be a week day visit vs. a weekend.  Otherwise, I sense a crowded, stuffy, long lined, crying kids, space invader spot.  But that's just me, so...
We couldn't resist these fellers.
We kept our eye on that adorable swing down below, but it was a magnet for the kiddo's.....and so.....

I just continued to stuff my face.
Stuffing my face with my honey badger smile, and favorite dress. No really, it's my favorite right now.
As you can see, it's kind of like my pillow, I take it every where.  Bill walked in with two bouquets for Kali and I last Tuesday night.  He knows the way to our hearts.  The aroma in my car on the way to the lake was....a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

So amazing we had to stop at the outlets.  And when I say stop at the outlets, that's a treat.  Because Bill ain't about that noise when he's with us. It's Del Taco, and haul ass again.

Little Miss got a new wallet here-  Which she was over due for. 
I tried these on and kick myself in the ass for not buying.  So be ready Bill, we are going back. 10 bucks.
Nautica.  I mean, come on. 
We also dove into Nike, and a few others.  But this girl came out on top. Me?  Not so much.
But it wasn't about me.  It was all about her.  No more baskets Mr. Easter Bunny.
Just quick trips to the outlets---
Soon enough, we were off....
Back onto the 40.  Playing music, laughing til it hurt....chattin about it alllll...
I can say that traveling alone with her filled me with more than I originally thought.  I'm so used to having Bill with me/us.  I'm used to our traditions.  To say that the moments away were indeed what the two of us needed is an understatement.  When we returned home, as we stood in the kitchen I said "You know Kali that time away was really amazing, and I'm so glad we spent your spring break just the way we did"-  She said, "I know Mom. Thank you for everything you did, and do for me. "I am really lucky to have you"-
I sent this picture to Bill and said "The only thing missing is you"-  Which was truth.  It was strange crawling into bed without him-say what. lol- To not see him out spraying things the way he does.  The maintenance man, and the pool dude he is for us. I don't realize often enough just how spoiled we are.  
And this pretty much sums up that day and the day after.  We ate, and relaxed, and tanned....
Friday morning she was ready to blast back.  Mackenzie was on her way home.  The plan was for Kali, Mac and Mad's to be together again....

That, and Kali insisted on piercing her nose- It's the little things in life....cute little diamond, nice little change.

Saturday rolled around and we had plans to gather with our fam bam at the park.


Cousins


It's cute how the kids generally gravitate to Kali.



 My cousins have the prettiest hair in all the land....
Beautiful, beautiful.

Cheers London!

What?!  (Sorry Tori for catching that look-HA)



Birthday bunny girl....

Silly Wabbit

I look like the park ranger....ha




Love


Although we didn't get a chance to gather our little troop prior to Easter, we still managed to dye our eggs.

On Easter Sunday. LOL
The rest of our day looked like this-
He ate. We ate. He ate. We ate.

Tri-Tip, Red Potatoes, and a salad.  Enjoyed by us along with my sister and Tori!

Monday rolled around, and little Miss. Kali woke with a bug. That silly bug went straight for her tummy and head.  Down for the count, she'd have to stay a day longer- Yay for me, boo for her.

Tuesday morning rolled around, I kissed Kali goodbye-Dad did a once over on her Jettster and she was off.  I arrived at the hospital to surprise this dude very early.  Holla 6 am pre-op---

Nose surgery done.

Today's pictures would not do your soul well.  Therefore, here's his before.

And after.....(photo courtesy of Jenn, his love and thee very best nurse in all the land-Feels good to know he's in good hands.  And that little feller behind him?  all about the cuddles)

And today....well let's just say, two black eyes, a very swollen face, and a dude that is not happy.


Happy Humpday Humpers.

Go play, and be nice.

Kindness Matters-

Just like LOVE makes this world a better place.

Go spread peace--

PS- Yesterday while leaving the hospital I crossed paths with a lady, head down, no smile...walking towards her journey passing me.  I smiled, and said "That blouse looks so pretty on you"-
Her shocked response- "Thank you....oh my gosh you just made my day"- Followed by shared smiles.  Soul to soul.  As we continued on our ways.....following our own paths-

It's sharing smiles, love and kindness.  Complimenting while out and about. Find something.  Anything.
Share your soul.  And watch others blossom.

From a simple smile. Trust me, try it.

Thanks for waiting for me to get my game face back on.

Hello bloggin' friends, I've missed you! 

It's funny how a week cruises right on by....

Lisa Lynn

No comments: