Tuesday, January 13, 2015

When you celebrate life.

With the six pack.

It was a simple day.  Maybe a tad more simple than he hoped for. Or maybe not. Maybe the day rolled out just the way it was supposed to.

For some reason throughout the afternoon, I kept getting a lump in my throat.  Each and every year since we've been together, we would embrace Shirley birthday request first, and join her somewhere (which usually and most always rolled out with "whatever you guys want...don't worry about me").  I stopped on the way home at our favorite flower shop...Devynn's Garden in Seal, asking for a bouquet.  What I really wanted was flowers to honor her.  And so here you can see her favorite pink roses...or maybe you can't see them.  What you CAN see is the Cazadores Tequila which was a favorite of hers. Anyway, you get the picture right...?  Thank you Turks and Thank you Reynolds. You guys know how to throw it down, that's for sure.
And not the picture that we are indeed full blown drunks, but more honorary type of people right? No, seriously....right?  Thanks. 

What we needed most that evening was to be surrounded by friends.  Friends that have watched a whole bunch of life unfold.  With us.  Don't get me wrong, we have many many friends that walk this path with us. But these crazy kids, well....they just rally when the rally is due.

I present to you two pictures.  Because we were in The Quiet Woman in Newport, and if you've never been, well....go.  But put Vaseline all over your body so you can squeeze through the bar, and continue to shuffle as servers, patrons, managers, and more servers try to squeeze by.  Ya- that kind of place. Another example of..."the older I get, the less I am tolerable"-  BUT, the wine was good.  so there's that.  And people watching, with faces frozen in face lift time was incredible...so there was also that.
I could have done a better job inviting everyone over, and offering up another party.  But ya know...this year was just a little off.
I say that now, then my birthday comes and I start getting excited 5 days before.  But just as usual, it becomes just another day. Another year.  Another simple night in. 
Love becomes real, and friends become real when text messages, and notes start flooding in.
I'm sure he felt the love.  

For starters I began to plan this little partayyy down the way at our local pub, but after realizing that Bill still wasn't up to par in the health department, I opted for a favorite restaurant of ours.

Bandera's. Corona Del Mar, CA.

I'm happy to report our night went off without a hitch.  We managed to sit in this little corner booth stuffing our faces and sipping our sips.

We've come a long way from throwing down shots, and bar hopping all the way home. 

Or, wait.

We did stop at one on the way home.  Thanks Jodee, yes that WAS the best Cheeseburger I've ever tasted.

Singing Shaggy's  "It wasn't me" was a highlight for me.  As our heads swayed down PCH while our DD laughed and drove.....

"It wasn't me"-  

Happy Birthday Bill.

I hope all your wishes come true. xo

Happy Tuesday-

And CONGRATS to Trevor and Jazmine on their engagement!  So excited for you two love birdies. xo

This mama lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa! Your so sweet:)