Tuesday, January 20, 2015

In a small nut shell.

Or maybe a big nut shell---Either way, I miss chatting with you folks.  But...work, and life in front.  Most important, life in front. And work---all of it. 

Quick life update:

Spent last weekend on the down low again.  I have a whole post on Bill, and his health.  The crucial part of the word "health" as in he had a severe reaction to the Flu Shot from November. 
It's long, it's winded, and it's real.  And it has been more enlightening and scary than I could ever imagined.

Let me add that on some days he couldn't use his left arm, and most certainly could barely walk.  The flu shot is a real asshole. 
Toss that in while Gaylord was in the hospital, and then getting home...-  It has been rough. 
You all remember how I said we've spent more time on the couch at home than ever.  Like ever?  Ya, it's been real. And shitty. And scary.  And real.  I have one huge post all about it.  So stay tuned.
Let me just point out-- Our family is now following homeopathic maintenance by several means.
Organic and pure has always been my vice, and here's another reason why.  The flu shot? Big Fat F U.
You picked a fight with the wrong family, that's for sure- 

Anysshhwwwaaayyyyyy------

So weekend after weekend, we've held down that big brown couch pretty well.
We made it to Supercross, as we try to every year.




Only this time, our son made all the arrangements-Thank you Kris!
We dined together as a family of six.  And so that was a highlight of my month. Bill's highlight was playing a scratcher lotto ticket in there (Glory Days in Seal Beach), and winning Two Fifty BABY!  Happy Birthday Bill--
 


And....
I drove back out with Kali on Friday to prep for her next semester at CSUSM-
A place she likes to call jail. jk.
Right before I got the "Mom, stop. Like seriously"-

View from her corridor---

A place she will be pushing mountains with strong shoes on for the next few months.
We unpacked those bags she brought home.  Only this time instead of SIX bags, we narrowed it down to FOUR.  And in those FOUR, some of the clothes we share, along with bracelets, necklaces, boots..etc get shoved in there. Which meant finding some of my shoes under her bed I have been missing.  funny stuff.

On Sunday I shopped for her dorm. All things natural, organic and healthy.  I prepped her favorite pasta salad for the week.  I washed her new linens making sure to add that extra scent she loved.  I filled our living room corner again....with everything Kali related.

Monday morning, she came out of her room with that look. The look of "mom, I don't want to do this, but I know I have to, and I can, but this is so hard to leave"-

We hugged hard and quick, and both reached to grab whatever was in front of us to stop the tears.
But that didn't help. I still cry. She still cries.

This is life.  She has a tougher load this time around.  She's strong, she's able, and she's a fighter.

She can drive home if she wants, she can figure things out in this adult life-
It's just right now she misses us Gianni. She misses home, and all that mom's provide.
Right now it feels like eleventy years until this is done.

A promise she made herself, was she would give this all she has. 
I left her a letter and some Valentine heart candies in her car, and she sent me this--
And it read "I LOVE YOU"-

I am Momm.  And I am proud.  Especially to be their Momm---(that has been over wearing hats lately because I really am over my hair and want/need a change-shh just don't tell Bill) 

Pray for her little soul as she makes her own meals, walks to and from her dorm, and studies like it's no body's business.  Gotta kinda chuckle with making her own meals.  sorry.  She definitely doesn't suffer from second child abuse. ha!

Happy Tuesday kids.

Careful on that flu shot.  Just take Vitamin D.  And wash your flippin hands!  And NEVER ever put your hands near your face until they are CLEAN.  Pretty easy kids, pretty easy.

Big love,

This Mama Lisa  or Momm, or Mama, or Hun, or Bucksie's Grammie-
Whatever I am, I am proud to be Mama Bird. 

xo

No comments: