Wednesday, January 14, 2015

On really closing chapters.

You know last weekend and specifically this week, a few things dawned on me.

While cleaning out my closet, I noticed a bin half way full of High School Soccer stuff.  All things related to representing those beautiful girls.  My folders.  Shirts too large. Some socks that were never disbursed. Her personal soccer bag. Along with a few t-shirts left behind.  Sized way too big for us, and a couple of long sleeves of the prints I didn't care for, but never the less, they stayed behind.  In my bin. In my room.

My trunk still adorns a few blankets that I used for those soccer fields.

Day after day I receive email alerts of field changes or closures.  What team is gleaming and beaming.
Beach Soccer held some pretty crazy memories for us.  As I am quite sure the same rings true for many of my friends.  United Soccer carries the same stories.  Some so good they can leave a smile on your face.  Others, well, we just buried em in the sand.  Although I did love our managers and coaches. Even when we played in 100 degree weather with exactly 12 girls.  I loved the game.

The funny thing is: It's so hard to purge it all. 

It's hard to type the words UNSUBSCRIBE-

It's hard to just "donate" un-used items. I still have her cleats by the front door.  FREAK, I know.

You know we are walking into her second semester of college, and I still.....still, have a hard time letting all of this go.

Call me crazy, I already know.

When your little's are little, and you are packing the car the night before, and filling your fridge with all healthy snacks, and laying out your little ice chest for the early morning departure that would soon roll around faster than you really wanted at 6am on a cozy Saturday or Sunday morning.....remember one thing.

You WILL miss it.

You WILL miss your buddies.

You WILL miss that grass beneath your feet.  Wet or dry.  You will.

You WILL miss opening up your chair with a nervous belly because you just want to kick the opponents ass.

You WILL miss those butterflies when they put your daughter in, and she's so worked up, and nervous.

You WILL miss the freezing nights that you sat on the bleachers.  Next to your friends, shoved close to eachother for warmth.

You WILL miss the in between games sitting under a tree eating lunch.  Forced to stay away from work. Stress.  Things.

You WILL miss the smile on their faces when they win. Not realizing that loss makes them better and stronger.  Mentally, not always physically.

You WILL miss pacing the field minutes before it ends with a clinching win or loss.


As fast as these chapters are flying, there are a few that I'd like to step back in and re-read.
If I could grab just a couple of them, and do them again.  For just a day.

Or even just a day to hear their little toddler voices again. Just to hold their hands.

Kiss those chubby little cheeks.

Happy Wednesday Mama's and Papa's.
Embrace. Embrace. Embrace.
For one day you will look back on these days and miss them.

I know I certainly am.

How about you parents that I was lucky enough to sit with during those days....?

Cheers-

This mama lisa


Don't forget to leave your love notes.  xo   There IS an incredible value in sharing love.  Especially notes.
Trust me. Tuck one in your kids lunches tomorrow.  Or hey, you can get alllll crazy and maybe write something a little snazzy to your lover.  I'm quite sure they need it.  xo  Water the seed, baby. Water the seed.

No comments: