Monday, December 29, 2014

Well, how'd you do?

Did you wake up on Christmas Eve with a flurry of errands to run?

Did you stop and sip your extra hot coffee with whipped cream a top?

Did you make your traditional breakfast for your family?

Did you spread as much love and smiles that could possibly be throughout the week and most important during the flurry of Christmas?

Did you remember that love is love and no matter how much you strive to buy that perfect gift, it's usually the simple ones that mean the most? 

Did you eat good food, and warm up extra tamales, just because?

Did you call your loved ones or send a card?

I can say that most of the above came to fruition for me.  For us.

I opened a couple of very heartfelt cards.  One of which made me cry. *shocker*, thanks Kali.

I peacefully woke on Christmas morning staring at the ceiling with contentment in my heart. Although my restless heart missed my son, I knew the day would come.

We ventured over to the cemetery as we do each year to stand next to those we lost- Happy Birthday Grandpa!

We walked into the one house in my life that has NEVER changed.  Hi Grandma Ramirez....still witty with her beauty comments. 

We ate tamales and laughed with Aunts and cousins until our sides hurt.

We spent Christmas afternoon in the hospital sitting shot gun next to Gaylord as he worked hard to pull it together. (and he did, he's home, and he's eating and getting stronger by the minute-yay)

We spent Christmas evening on the 91 Fwy in solid traffic, but soon would end up on Rice Rd. In the dark, but closer to the river and lake.

We arrived at our lake house in a hunger flurry and found Sho-Guns (Japanese Teppan style) to be open.  Crab cakes/Lettuce Wraps/Bacardi cokes- never tasted so good.  The time difference by one hour on a holiday sure does open ones eyes in a quick hurry.

We spent the next couple of days working around the house with the little chores that make a winter snow bird a happy snow bird.

We dined with my cousins at a fancy steakhouse. Hey Trev, Hey Jaz!  We LOVE your new home!

We headed home and back to reality. 

And all of this, was done without one.single.snap.shot.  My memory card left behind on my desk at work.

And for a moment in time I told myself.  It's okay Lisa, it's okay.

I present to you, Bill's I-phone snaps-

This is our third trip to the skate park there.  The first couple of times, I would get out and rally one guy over, who'd rally the rest.  That's mama in the mix.  Listening very closely for "pleases"and "thank you's"- Some kids have a very hard time using those words. Kids with helmets also received extra love.

This time, as we pulled through on the opposite side, one dude sees us.  The rest bolt over before we could even back up.

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.


I hope each and everyone of my followers enjoyed the still of the holiday.  I hope that someway and somehow you found peace.  Or good cocktails.  Or both.

PS- I GOT MORE GAWD-DAMN FACE CREAM! 
His birthday is in a couple of weeks, so no worries kids. 

Big love,
Lisa

No comments: