Friday, December 5, 2014

A reminder.

Well, Mr. Full Moon is back.  He's beautiful.  He's filling our sky after a much needed down pour.

A down pour that washed away so many things.

Water for our trees. Water for our flowers.  Water for our streets, and much needed water for our state.

My little reminder to let the little things go today, and tomorrow. 

A little side story from this week:  I walk into Starbucks on Thursday morning.  Feeling rather blah.  My hair was in a frizzy curly long pony tail. I tried to puff the top, and curl the back.  Grey hairs laced the middle top. My dress was a go-to type that is flowy and blah.  It's that one dress I bought on the clearance at Old Navy for less than ten bucks. Layered in leggings, and my old faithful boots.  You know those mornings you just feel like, shit.  Or wonky.  Or just haggered.  One of those mornings..
I stand at the counter waiting for my hot tea.  The girl next to me says "you have the most beautiful hair"-
Of course, I am taken back by the compliment, because of how I felt leaving my house. 
My response "oh man, thank you, it's a mess, and you just made my day...so kind, thank you!"
We exchange a few more words, followed by my "Merry Christmas girl"-  Same to you, she said. 
I walk to the milk/sugar counter to fill my tea with honey, as I see a sweet young girl about Kali's age sitting there looking down at her phone with the cutest sweater on.  I say "honey your sweater is so cute"-  She looks up and had been crying.  ugh.  She then says "your dress is so pretty, I love Japanese blossoms"- 
I say, "thank you honey....and remember the tough times don't last, and this too shall pass"-  She smiles back at me, and we exchange another "Merry Christmas"-  Of course big smiles, and I exit.

Out the door I went.  As I entered my car, tears filled my eyes-s.h.o.c.k.e.r.  Spreading love and peace on this crazy Earth is what will get us ALL through.  Both of those girls had no idea what they did for me.  They had no idea how needed that love was for me.  OR vice versa. Right?

My usual phone call to Kali then took place.  We chat on the freeway, as I explain my little experience, she said "so sweet Mom, I had the same thing happen yesterday on campus a girl walked by and complimented my umbrella, and it totally made me feel so good inside"-

Love.  Peace.  Kindness.  Smiles.

It's free.  It's easy.

Tonight, and tomorrow the ebb and flow will push on you.  Hand out peace.  Hand out some love.

Love never fails, remember?

Or drink good cocktails.  jk.

xo

Be safe and have a good weekend friends.  Do what you want.

Eat well, and smile at strangers.  I promise you'll make a moment in time they might not forget. Ever.

Leese

Or stay in and make these-
Can you imagine the aroma?  Maybe sprinkled with nutmeg....


ps.  Yesterday I dealt with a vendor/creepysalesassholetroll.....and I literally sat back in my chair, put my legs indian style and laughed so hard out loud.  just to combat the push on my soul.  
Not giving in.  I am not.  I am stronger and better than that. Because...we all know how ugly things can get. 
Oh, my tongue how I love your restraint.  LAUGH it off-

No comments: