Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Little bit of this.

And a little bit of that.

This week, you don't really want to know what's on my mind.  Because my tongue has rolled off more curse words than I'd like to admit.  So....

Let's keep it good and clean.  And honorable.

Happy Birthday to this fine young lady.  Brandy, Brandy, Brandy.....A girl that has wrapped her arms around my little girl with nothing but complete love.  Love at all times.  She's humble.  She's strong.  She's tough, and yet she can melt you with her big smile.  She's witty, yet charming.  She's silly and yet serious.  She's the mama behind the scenes during all the years of our kids in school.  Not to mention our little's courtship. 
Happy Birthday.  aka Mama B.  Thanks for putting up with me.  Especially during our funny rants back and forth when I use gnarly cuss words.  Because you get me.  And I get you.  Happy Birthday B.  I wish the best in 2015.  You've certainly earned a bigger halo.  That's for sure. I know it was yesterday, but my fingers never got the chance to sit and blog.  And so....cheers to you. Lovely...as you always say.

Ever have those weeks, or days that are filled with doing for others?  Spreading love, kindness, meals, and more love...?

Giving and giving until you feel you can't, and won't give any more?

Forgotten, tired and frustrated?

I know a higher God has bigger plans for me.  I believe I am in charge, yet I am not.

But I am tired.  

I know my circumstances are nothing compared to others.  But I count.  If I don't speak up at times for myself, well I'd regret that.

It also may seem as though I am tip toeing through more little rain puddles of pity.  I am not.



And so.....as I take off my sweet little hat, and wipe off the sassy from my lips.


I offer you this cute recipe.  It's easy.  It's amazing.  And it's quick.  Surprise your little fam bam with it.
Served with some real vanilla ice cream.  Your house will be filled with an aroma to bring home an army.  Or at least the kids. And I think it keeps the F bombs from rolling out of your mouth, like mine.


Simple.  Ready?

Crescent rolls- (I buy the ones from Trader Joe's-However any will do)
Green Apples- Peeled and sliced- (I think the tart is better mixed with the sugary additions here)
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
Regular Sugar (I use organic on all of listed above except of course the Crescent rolls)
Melted butter-

Open your little rolls out on parchment paper-if you don't have parchment paper use a very good baking sheet so they don't stick.
Butter the inside a little, lay a slice of peeled apple, with a good heaping spoonful of brown sugar, regular sugar, and cinnamon...close em up and brush on the melted butter (I brush melted butter on the inside before all filling too) sprinkle with the ingredients again...put in oven at 350' for about 15-20 mins.

Serve with a dollop of real vanilla ice cream sprinkled with cinnamon on top.

You will be a  hero. I promise.

Let's not count the calories.  Who cares.  It's Christmas time!
 

To my friends I lean on-  The rocks I call and text when the waves push me down.  Like when I text or call you with tears of frustration that fall down my cheeks.  One puts me in check. While the other smiles and laughs with me even when I use bad words with her too.

Friends.  They push you back up like a book falling between book ends.

They get you.  They get motherhood, they get relationships, they get hormones, and they get bad words.

Happy Hump Day.  Hopefully some of you are putting that term to good use.  As in work, kids.  work. boom.


Big love,
And big cuss words.  F bombs have gone off the hook for me.  Under my breath. In my text.  Out loud.

Holla-----------------


Who's done Christmas shopping?  If you are, we can't be friends.  

Leese

No comments: