Friday, December 12, 2014

The highlights...

And the lowlights.

This week was basically all over the board.  So let's just put our rain boots on and jump right in, shall we?

I've kept this little nugget of info within our family and friends this week, however now that I feel the coast is becoming a tad more clearer, how about I share now, k?
Gaylord has been in ICU for a week, and finally things are starting to look up.  I won't get into details now, but he's a fighter, and he will get out of there.  The crazy twist in the book of this life? He's in the same room, the exact same room that Shirley spent her last days on this Earth in.  Talk about hard. 
Last night as I left the hospital, headed for my car, which was parked directly under room, two three six.
I stood there looking up. I could see the love of my life standing next to his Dad.  Rubbing his arm.  Assuring him.  Encouraging him. Standing in the same room from six months ago that he watched his Mom leave this Earth.  I stood there for a few minutes.  I can't describe the wave of emotions that washed over me.
Pride. Wisdom. Love. Faith. Family.

Come on Gaylord.  Let's do this. Come on you fine witty man, let do this.  We need your funny antics.
A few weeks ago he called Bill a "dingaling"-  I have not stopped laughing about this since.
Lowlights come and lowlights go.  We need prayer.  We need faith.  We need the strength that runs between family to pull us through. The strength from friends that understand.  That the number in the chapter of any ones life, matter.  Last night I said "Gaylord, lets get strong and get out of here..." and his response..."Yes"-
Pray.  Pray.  And pray.

Highlights- Kali is home for winter break.  Which means a couple of things.  A happy Mama.
And a messy bedroom, bathroom, and more hair in the shower.  She toted home 6 huge bags of clothes in trash bags.  6.

Lowlights-Being woke up at 3:45 am with an alert that the rain is hard.  Flash flood alert a mere 50 miles away.  So, thanks for that.

Hightlight- Sitting in the living room shortly after with my littlest, talking.  Groggy voices, anticipated tornado or a flash flood that might rush down our street.  Nevertheless, we were together. Kind of chuckling about silly stuff because we were out of it.  So that was cool.

Lowlights- Shark week on a day I took off. But that's quite okay. I'd rather get this sassywanttokickeveryonesass over with.

Highlights- A much needed hair appointment today. 

Lowlights- After sitting in there for 4 hours, will I leave there with frizz?

Highlights- Saying happy birthday to this beauty today.

Happy Birthday Mindi!
How was your week kids?

All highlights?  Any low ones?

Have a great weekend.  Be safe, and dance in the rain today and tonight!

Keep Gaylord in your prayers? Please and thanks.

I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of....hair.

Big Love,

Frizzfest Mama.

No comments: