Monday, October 13, 2014

Some more truth.

Happy Monday!

I came across this poem on one of my favorite mama blogs.  Funny, so many times Bill will turn his head my way whether it's in the car, or laying in bed in the early morning hours or late at night and ask "whatcha reading honey"-  "Just things, blogs, and tid-bits that soothe my soul on some days, while others rocking me to the core.


The Last Time- 

(One of those that rocked my core)

From the moment you hold your baby in your arms,
you will never be the same.
You might long for the person you were before,
When you had freedom and time,
And nothing in particular to worry about.
You will know tiredness like you never knew it before,
And days will run into days that are exactly the same,
Full of feeding and burping,
Nappy changes and crying,
Whining and fighting,
Naps or a lack of naps,
It might seem like a never ending cycle.

But don't forget....
There is a last time for everything.
There will come a time when you will feed your baby
for the very last time.
They will fall asleep on you after a long day
And it will be the last time you ever hold your sleeping child.
One day you will carry them on your hip,
then set them down,
And never pick them up that same way again.
You will scrub their hair in the bath one night
And from that day on they will want to bathe alone.
They will hold your hand to cross the road,
Then they will never reach for it again.
They will creep into your room at midnight for cuddles,
And it will be the last night you ever wake to this.
One afternoon you will sing "The wheels on the bus"
and do all the actions,
Then never sing them that song again.
They will kiss you goodbye at the school gate,
the next day they will ask to walk to the gate alone.
You will read a final bedtime story and wipe your
last dirty face.
They will one day run to you with arms raised,
for the very last time.

The thing is, you won't ever know it's the last time
Until there are no more times, and even then,
it will take you a while to realize.

So while you are living in these times,
remember there are only so many of them and
when they are gone,
you will yearn for just one more day of them.

For the last time.
When a trip to Hollister (stinky store on Earth) was her high light-


His young smile here, just so real and so geniune-





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If any of you are wondering if these changes have been hard for me, they are. 

My purpose of motherhood, was just that. My purpose. 

And honestly it changes overnight.

Bill and I are beginning to live our lives a little different now.  More time to travel. More time to not plan out the things that consumed so much of my time.  Volunteering.  Schools, sports, driving, and cooking.  It all just changed.  

I have kept a positive face for Kali, and most importantly for my family.  But it's hard.

I miss her. I miss the days of doing her hair, and watching her exit my car for the day.

The hustle was real, but you soon miss it. 

If I can give my friends and family with young ones at home one tip, it would be, don't stress the little things.
Don't stress the dust on the cabinets.  Embrace the early morning games, of soccer, baseball or whatever you hopefully signed them up for.  Embrace it.  Volunteer because you will make some of your bestest friends.
Smile at the trunk full of stuff.  Blankets, and chairs.  Embrace it.

Work hard, to play harder, and just remember these days are fast.
They zoom by faster than I ever wanted to hear from MY peers (hello Aunt Ronda)-

Have a great Monday-
Have practice tonight, then lunches and dinner to prepare this week?

Embrace it.  Because someday, you will buy less milk, less bread, less of everything.

And will come full circle to just the two of you.  Or shoot, just yourself.  And it happens way way faster than I ever imagined.

Love and peace to you all.

xo

This Mama Lisa

No comments: