Friday, October 24, 2014

Miles don't matter.


Kali came home last weekend while Bill and I were away.  I do recall her mentioning that she was actually missing her bed IN HER DORM.  She loves her bed there.  Brandy, again..thank you.  Mama B spoils that girl.
My one hope was that she'd wait for Bill and I to get home on Sunday.  And wait she did.  Just for me.
We headed to the grocery store filling her little VW Jetster up, and soon she'd pull away....
I couldn't resist my waves all the way around the corner.  And tears.  Tears fell. From me, and from her.
I stood in my living room reminding myself as I wiped tears off of my cheek that we promised to support her. And this. 
Reminding myself to pull it together Leese.  Pull it together. 
It's still hard. 
It's still weird.
She's not home.
Her room is tidy, yet empty.
So so so many nights I really really miss her.

Things are getting better. 
Her little slices of hope are when anyone will drive out to visit her.  It gives her something to look forward to.
I said "I'll drive out on Wednesday honey"
"You will?!"  Yes, I will.  And I did.  And my sister asked to come along.

Can life feel any better as I scoot down the 5 South headed to that lovely 78? 

Dinner, hugs, laughs, good talks along with confirmation that she IS moving mountains. 
It hasn't been easy.  It's been incredibly tough.  I might mention that she is kicking ass in the academic dept.  And that one class that had her in pieces during the beginning days has become her best class.  Not her favorite, but certainly her best.  She's the top rank in that said class.  Public Speaking.  Her professor loves her. She's "nailin' it" on all of her speeches.  Ranking the top in grades.  boom.

We were starving, so we scooped her up and headed here:


Thought it was funny how we both show up wearing camo.  aww.


Stone Brewing World Bistro- In Escondido- If ever in their area, it's a must.  Cute, and the word lovely just doesn't do it justice.  Pictures don't do it justice.  The smell of the forest, while being surrounded by huge boulders, and architecture that melts the soul.  Water falls, and fire pits, adorned with wooden Adirondack chairs.  Perfect.
After hearing about this place from my cousins Andrea and Lonnie (thanks!) we are so glad we visited. 
Especially after hearing Kali express her new love of this place.  And her smile. xo
Dorm life 2014- 2 Month survivor-ha

Dinner would wrap up, and we'd be headed back to her dorm sooner than we all wanted, but the clock was tickin' and our ride home is long and tiring, especially after a day of work. 

If you are laughing at this cheesy picture above, I am too.  We realized it was her 2 month dorm-anniversary.
Two whole months living in this room.  She actually has it made.  Her place is awesome with a capitol A.
It really is.  And she knows it.  My sister is quite the photographer and snapped 95 shots, and all blurry but these two.  Cheese-fest.  Huge, Laugh Out Loud.

Happy FRIDAY!  I hope you all have a great weekend....do what makes your heart full. 

Remember, you come first. 
Well, that's if you don't have little ones at home.  Even then, take time for you.  You deserve it.
Long bath? Hot shower? Wine? Candles?  Bring it baby, bring it.

xoxo

Big love,

Lisa

No comments: