Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Looking back.....

The last few weeks seem to be a little blurry on the home front with new news.  If that makes sense.
When I was a little girl, I would talk so much that my dad would tell me "ok Lisa, it's quiet time"-
I remember sitting there desperately wanting to ask more questions, and even more wanting to chat away. 
During hard times, I remember zipping my lip and only confiding in those I trusted. 
Our 4th was not planned out, and yet turned out to be a beautiful day. 
Warm on the coastal front, and filled with hugs from friends, and lots of sunshine.  My favorite.
I guess my point here is I am filled with love, yet tackled by grief, and other things. So without further adieu, here's my last few weeks.  In snap shots.
My nieces graduation party.  
Little cousins-
And big friends. 



Little cousin. Ava you sweet sugar, you.

Jeff and Nettie-  Family.

Sister and Tonya.  That blonde right there?  Amazing soul.  You know when you have the ONE person in your life that you can call whenever, for whatever?  She's the one.  The one to lift you up, and kick ass for you or with you if needed.  She's always been the same.  Love.  Tina is one lucky girl to have her.

"Go London"

Priceless- Cousins.




Don't dare my sister to take on the slide...


Bam. 
Fast forward another week would roll in, and back out.  We'd have a weekend in the middle that was filled with hospital visits, helping and feeding Gaylord.  Wishing, hoping, loving.   To soon see Bill and his siblings let the grip slide out from the hands of Mama.  A day and week I hope to not relive any time soon.
And it's not me, it's watching my lover melt into complete grief. 
The 4th of July would roll around.  With no plans, except for what these two put together.  Sean has always lifted Bill up. The perfect antidote for him. Well, and some good strong cocktails. 

This skipper and his wife offered to take us out on their boat for the 4th.  The 4th being fireworks above The Queen Mary.  The afternoon was filled with visits at friends in the harbor, to roll home to change, and they'd pull up.  Like those plans.  You know those ones that aren't planned out, yet fall together like peanut butter and jelly. 

To say the night was perfect is an understatement.  We cruised beyond and past many many vessels.  To right here. 

So close that we'd soon see and feel firework embers all over us.  Happy Birthday America!
To be taken out there and back by this skipper was the real prize kids. I should have known better that any plans that would include part of our six pack would be the best plans.  
Meanwhile our girls were out in the bay tearing it up!
And our boy was out on the river floatin' it up!


The last two weeks or so looked like this. Bill. Me. Patio. Boats. BBQ pizza. Wine. Bill. Me. Rinse. Repeat.



Strength. Love. Hugs.


This dude gives me such delight at night.  Staring. Eating. Cleaning.

Hope.  

I hope this week is good to you all.

Be good, and play fair.

ps. Remember Karma is a bitch if you are. 

This Mama Bear Lisa.



No comments: