Monday, July 14, 2014

A quote that stuck with me.

Saturday morning rolled around early, and surprisingly very peaceful.  Kali and I would sip our coffee, and soon jump in the car headed to San Marcos.  CSUSM. boom.  The morning was everything Kali loves. Clouds, and over cast skies.  We arrived just short of 8am, with a car filled with excitement.
As we pulled down the street...
A group of orientation leaders were standing at the parking entrance with signs "Honk if you love CSUSM!"
Of course, I honk...and got a tap on the leg "Mom!"-  Laughter ensued. 
I was lucky to get this shot.  
As we stand in line to get our name placards, music is playing, and O leaders are pumping em up...within minutes we'd be separated. 
Parents shuffled to this room.  
With a light breakfast served, all I could do was spot coffee.  And bagels. yum.
We'd stay in this room, while hearing anything and everything about their education, safety, dorm life, campus life-for 5 hours in and out of breaks, and quick break out sessions.
Our highlight was meeting our little birdies for lunch. 



 My lunch crew buddies. 
The organization at this school, is just amazing.  The leadership.  The community.  The campus life.
Not to mention it's expansion and new buildings for better resources and wide open options.

We'd finally come together in the late afternoon after she put her schedule together, and soon took her I.D. picture.  Official never came so quick.  Crazy.
Our drive home was tiring, and exciting. She's nervous and she's excited.  Nervous seems to fit as a better word.
Our Saturday night plans were squished into tired feet, tired eyes, and much much dreaded traffic.
I'd land here.   Having dinner with the 6 pack.  Russ, you did a fine job sir...fine job.   It was one of those nights that we were asked to bring "just wine"


 The Super Moon and artsy friends....Good job Randy!



And the funniest picture of the night? Aside from my creepy eye above...
This.  I'm trying to show how high the tide was, but in fact I look as though my head is falling off. 

And while we were eating and unwinding, these chickies were partying.....Shelley sent me some love.  Thanks Shell!
Our view to close out Saturday....

Sunday morning after enjoying coffee in bed, and an amazing breakfast for the 3 of us...thank you Bill...

We prepared to honor, and celebrate Shirley's life.  I was amazed to see the many, many, oh so many friends that showed up. Their old neighbors, and family from far.  Tears flowed steady.  Lots of hugs, and good memories shared.  Her friend from 4th grade shared stories and pictures that lit my candle. Juanita is her name, and she has left a forever mark with me.  There was something about her.  Crazy how people cross your path in life, and you hope to see again. 
Our beauties.


There was a quote that impressed me over the weekend.  One from college.



"Were not letting them go, we're letting them grow"


And to Shirley, we're not saying goodbye, it's just saying...."we'll see you later"-
Have a good week kids.  Remember to call your loved ones.  Share love notes, and big hugs.

Always drink good wine.


Peace, love and happy days to you....

This Mama Lisa


ps.  I took the above picture a couple of days before she left this Earth. Although it was hard for me to ask Bill if he wouldn't mind me doing so, it was sweeter to know he obliged.  I understand the sadness that might come from it, but in reality, it's real.  Imagine the hands she's held.  To leave with your hand being held by your baby birdies.  

No comments: