Thursday, July 17, 2014

A little more...

About me.

I love the ocean.

I love taquitos.

I love green rice from Super Mex.

My love for sandals is true, only because I can't walk in heels. #babydeer

I am petrified of heights.

I love classical music.

I drive pretty slow.

Although my son has been told he's a mama's boy, we all still text eachother goodnight, and good morning.
#suckit.

I can't stand improper use of -their and there.

I struggle with then and than.

I have the highest respect for those serving me while out.  Anywhere. Especially when I wear balloon dresses.

I miss soccer games, and those early mornings with dewy air. 
I literally have an increase in heart beats when visiting a public bathroom.  CAN'T stand them.

I will leave my girl behind.  You're slow?  Bye.



I mean....

I love to see people hug, and especially affection between couples.

I love, love notes.

I didn't really start to love wine until in my late 30's.

I don't drink any alcohol while at home alone.  Never have.  Too boring without anyone. 


I sometimes laugh when in awkward situations.

I can't stand rude people in public.

I adore little kids, especially babies.

My favorite time of day is just before sunset.

When I'm frustrated, I clean. 
I am a super light sleeper.

My favorite day of the week is still Friday.

I'm trying to be very strong as we transition Kali off to college.

I have a thing for cute drinking glasses, and ceramic bowls. Preferably Spanish style.

SO many times I dream of getting away, especially during the rough moments. 
I love iced tea, and never sweetened.  I cringe when iced-tea comes with little ice.

I love to water my lawn and flowers.  It's therapeutic.  

I love live music. Mixed with good drinks and friends, and you have a winner in my book.

The older I get, the more I learn that some people are shady and could care less of your worthwhile.

I always use my own bags while shopping.  Rare occasions if I need the plastic for something. I will recycle.

My heart breaks for homeless mentally wrecked people. 

I certainly can't believe my son will be 25 next month.


I can't stand malls.  Especially if I spot any human with high heels on. barf.

I borrow Kali's clothes. #itsawinwin

I'm trying to persuade Bill to move to Costa Rica someday, and live as simple humans.  Have we been there? no.  lol

I love green grapes.  Especially cold.

I love smoothies, with bananas and walnuts.

I LOVE coffee in the morning, and truthfully it's what inspires me to get a move on.


I tend to post pictures I feel best in. Yet never posted this because my hair looks greasy.

I love to decorate.

My feet are pretty big.

I tend to have a shy side.

I love super hot showers.

I function better in a super clean house.

I love the smell of fresh linen.  Yes, I buy all the foo-foo for smell good linens.

I was the team mom on every team my kids played for.  look at the girl in the orange shirt. getitgirl. 

This grand-doggo of mine is simply the best little partner in crime.  I have earned his respect.

2 door cars give me the heebie-jeebies.  I mean, why?!  uh um, sister.

I love to see Dad's be Dad's, and hubby's be hubby's. And not distracted by staring at other women.

I love to bbq on Friday night with Bill,with a lit fire and cocktail in hand, way more than a restaurant crammed with people.  With the exception of Captain Jacks. Cuz....

I love taking off in airplanes, but landing scares the shit out of me.

When I am sad, music pulls me through along with a good cry.

I sometimes forget to text people back, and panic later hoping they aren't offended.

My vision is failing me terribly.  It cracks Kali up.  Wait til she has to hold something far away to read.
He's challenged with vision already.  

I cannot stand cologne or perfume.  I will literally leave a room if an offender is in there.

Dogs that bark in a neighborhood at all hours of the day and night should bite their owners legs. ha-

I get really sea sick.  My love for the big wide ocean is true, but those swells and I don't get along.

Today is Thursday, and my favorite day of the week is tapping me on the shoulder.

I hope you all have a super weekend.  Some of you might know my littlest is headed away for college. 

I'm knee deep in her well deserved party planning.  I am so excited for her.  I am excited for this next chapter.  But I wake up every.single.morning like a kid waiting for Santa, counting down the days.  And not in the sheer excitement way you would think.shh don't tell her.   It's a crazy ride kids, let me tell you.  I give kudos to each and every one of my friends that has packed up boxes to send them off with.  The check list of what they need, not including a box of emotions that shouldn't be opened in front your kid.  But the preparations of boxes they do need.

The dorm. I am quite sure I will lovey it up.  But it will be really up to her to make a dorm a little home. 

As we drove home last week, she did express her fears.  She's nervous.  She's anxious.  We are super close.  But she knows it's time.  This goal that she worked for is here. 


And ain't no body gonna kick ass like she will. 

So for now, I will keep my box of emotions sealed with a tight ribbon.

I will find, and pack all the little goodies she needs. 

Happy Weekend kids.  The only thing we can never get back, is time.  So go live the life that you want.

Just take care of yourself. And always, always put extra lip gloss on.  And you dudes? Don't spit. And put the toilet seat down.  That's what they were made for.  Imagine that!  ha.


Love, and sweet wishes to you all-

L

No comments: