Monday, July 21, 2014

Wine. Friends. Farewells.

To keep a long story short, our Saturday went a little side ways, but in a good way.

Our day was to consist of a show.  In Temecula.  Neither of us have ever walked the streets of this town.

Nor have we driven the path to get there.

Once loaded in the car, and down the road we went, the 91 freeway would merge onto the 15 like turtles racing down a desert road.  Actually, I think the turtles would have won us.
Soon we'd land close to the venue.....starving.  Pulling off to eat at a cute little Greek restaurant.

A text would come in, that would change our sails for the day. I sat quiet, and continued to sip my amazing wine.  He continued to chew some asses.  Did I mention the food was super delish?! 

Anyway...the gentleman that he is, he'd soon put his arm around my neck, kiss me on the cheek, and say "Well honey, want to go wine tasting?"  - 

We know my answer. 

As we are walking out...the little feller bus boy says...if you guys are going wine tasting, here's some suggestions, and also be careful this town is a ZERO tolerance, and the cops are seething on the weekends.
Got it. Thank you kid. 

We make our way down the road up and over the hills, and yes spotting every cop in sight.  Tucked in driveways, pulling people over, sitting on a hillside with their radar guns out...just all of it.
I said "Hun, let's just go to one, and head home"-  I'd much prefer our dock, and a boat ride to see friends, than worrying about this. 

Here's the one we visited- 

Hey ho, I dedicate this to my cousin.  
It blows me away how a desert town off the beaten path of Lake Elsinore has rows and rows of hillside grapes growing. 

Don't know if you'd catch me ridin' dirty through those streets again anytime soon.  Just sayin-

Come on, someone twist my finger.  Please change my heart-
We landed home just before dark, and managed to catch up with some friends up the harbor.  So live music, good friends, and boat rides did magically come to fruition.  Life was good.  Until Sunday morning when I opened my eyes from a head stuck in a vice. HA!  Well, that's what it felt like.  Mix wine and late nights?  Trouble. 
Sunday was all about celebrating Mackenzie's departure to TCU!  She did it!  We are so proud little one!  We just know you're gonna rock that school. 


As I sat across from these three, it was everything I could do but not let tears well up in my eyes.
We all know I am a sap.  The stories between these girls.  The love and bonds.  
The dedication to their friendship, and commitment. 
When you read things that talk about "the distance between us will never be far" you hope and wish that their love for one another will get them through the darkest nights apart.  Texting, talking, skyping and just listening....will stay there.  I believe it will. I am so proud of these girls.  They've laid the marker on the map, and have done all things worthwhile to make it happen.  
As I sat in my chair, I spot this little sign across the pool-

Handmade by her Daddy.  And that very Daddy that sat down next to me, with that proud look in his eye, also mentioned that Mommy can't talk much about "the departure" without a lump in her throat, and tears welling in her eyes.

It was all I could do, with a smile on my face, and a lump in my throat to say.....

"I know Thom......I know"-


Happy Monday you lover faces-  I hope your week is good.  I hope that you spend time with your kids, and you feel the love. From somewhere.


Cheers!  Cheers to you Mac, Mad and Kali!


xoxo

L

No comments: