Monday, December 30, 2013

What I see.


I see nineteen seventy something.
"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."

I see organic. Organic e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. 



I see a land of farms and natural beauty. 

I see those memories of our lives out there on that farmland.

I see my life as a little girl.

Long hair.

Never trimmed.  

I see Toby, our first dog. The best dog.

I see camping in the best places.

I see camping in the worst places.

I see the love in our family that was true. Hard, but true.

I see strength.

I see music.

Sometimes loud.  Real loud.

I see a guitar in this man's arms.

I see a gun other times.

I see wisdom.

And beauty.

So much beauty in this picture.

The kind of picture that stops me in my tracks.  I stare. 

And I hold it close.


I see this man that I call Dad.

A simple man he is.

Loyal.  True.  Loving.  Smart.



I love you Dad.




ps.  Wonder where I've been? Me too.
There has been alot of exhaling, traveling, cleaning, organizing and enjoying good food while sipping good wine.  Falling in love over and over again. With my kids and my lover.  Laughing where I should, and crying when I feel like it.

I'm so happy the holidays are wrapping up.  How bout' you?  One more shin-dig and boom, it's a whole new year kids!




Make this day count.

PEACE and LOVE,

L


No comments: