Tuesday, December 10, 2013

As the clouds moved on by...

Each year, I toss around the idea of "have a gathering" or then.."maybe not"
This year, I decided to take on the winter blues by the horns, and challenge myself to a gathering.


A boat parade party to boot.

My wonderful sister stopped by early enough to prep some corn bread, and help toss an apple pie in the oven.

I meant to take more pictures, but then I also meant to set that little digital vice down, and just enjoy myself.

And so here we are....
Boat Parade 2013
I must admit, I worked on this little table display of mine...

It rained all day long.  The clouds would pass, the wind would kick up, the rain would start. And the pattern cruised along just like that...until 4o'clock. 

I had sweet girlfriends come down with her awesome dudes.
And we all know this chica, now don't we?  "Dear Santa..I can explain"!
My not so little niece...Tori Lynn....
Sweet goodness, right there.
This year we filled up with all friends.  Our friends, and their friends....just the perfect recipe.
The Castillo's....you know those jetsetters....Great picture by the way!


We have best friends......
And soccer, high school, wine sippin silly head friends!  These girls....
In all real seriousness...It's these girls.  Minus Maria...she decided to dart off to the big NYC. These Mama's above have been the bookends to each other while we walk through the last year of high school.  We gather to vent.  We gather to laugh, we gather to share, and to plan.  We've been there together.  Soon, we will announce the college path of choice.  We will plan dances, and help where we should.  We will guide through the biggest next steps to the final chapter.  Together.  And I am darn glad I have them.
My heart was full.  My kids shared moments with their friends.  This parade will go on, and (hopefully get bigger...) Traditions will change.  People will change.  But for now, we were together.  And that is what will get me through these holidays. 

I am missing a few pictures that were shared on someones iphone and sent to me.  I will catch ya chica's on the flips side, I promise.

Right now, I am freezing. Prepping.  Scheduling.  Organizing, and purging.

Happy night to you all.

Make of it, what you want, and need. Remember, YOU are important.

And YOU matter.

We are not poor, we are rich.  And hopefully rich with love.  Because in the end.  In the very very end.

That is what counts. 

Monetary richness, can be the most shallow unhearted feeling on this Earth.

Think about that.

Live simple.

Much love and peace to you, while I hope you pray for the same peace for me.

Leese

No comments: