Friday, December 6, 2013

The holiday through our lens.

As I mentioned, our trip was just a tad different this year. Perfect, just different.

We enjoyed the fresh air.  Family, and friends.  Good food, and of course yummy cocktails.

Sunsets are just a solid given during the winter months.  We stalk the patio just before Mr. Sun tucks behind the mountain.  

Like this.



For the first couple of days we work around the house, and hit all the little shops around town. Decorating, or food, we run errands, and find time for ourselves. 
Thanksgiving Day, we scooped up these two love birds (my cousins) and off to Fox's On The River we went....
There is something about the smell of that river water mixed with the exhaust of boats.  Fast boats, just send off a tantalizing aroma to me.  I love it.  The air was crisp, but the sun fell on our bodies like a soft cloth.  

We dined on another amazing WT dinner there.  But it has grown on me.  Where else can you sit on the water side, while dining on your grub and reflecting on all things "Thankful"-  ps. I'm thankful for my hottie.
I am thankful I got to be with these two.

And this adorable couple.  Jaymee, we missed you girl. Sean, we missed you too.  Shit, we missed all of it.  Life moves on just like the water down the river.  It's just hard to change.  Change of traditions and patterns always tip me over. 

Good talk Carol.....as always.  The woman of wisdom and cheer.

 Now....drumroll....let me introduce you to my cousin Jazmine's pie.  Who else would think of making this fine and dandy feller for the potluck....boom. 

Hey river friends, can you just look at this and sink right back into the seat?  Take us back to summer? 


Waking up on Friday morning to this fine lady sitting in our chairs overlooking sweet goodness. 
Meanwhile Bill is searching for our next adventure. 
And I just couldn't get over how cute these "all things yellow" ended up on the island.  Can I get a woop woop!
Havasu-ians....name the dock.  ha.


As we were embarking down a dirty bumpy road....we pass this fine feller.  Hi Mike! 
Hi Mitchell, and dude sittin shotgun!
The beginning down a long dirty bumpy road....
To my favorite spot.  The ladies room.  kidding, but not really.  For those that know me, I can't stand public bathrooms, and become almost out of breath in panic of grossness.  It's awful. But for some reason, I LOVE this bathroom at Desert Bar.  Open air, with huge cool rustic steel doors that swing open with gusto.  Sinks that over look the wide open desert. 
So no smells, no place for germs to be all germy.  And no smells..because wide open air is there to save the world.  ha
Selfies in said bathroom.  With my short arms.  Carmen took one of us, and my nose looks like ziggy.
So...remember kids, I only show perfectness. haha  just kidding. not really, but really.  So here you get...no nose.  hahahaha!
The most crowded ever.  Lines to eat at about 2 hours.  No where to park....you know, you see the picture. 

It wasn't long before I became antsy.  And hungry. 
This girl was searching for her lost hubby.  Somewhere in the crowd we'd find that dude....

As you see lots of fun peeps, long lines, and we parked down that road you see there...
I am hungry.

Our friends band..."Happy Ending"-  I am quite sure they created many happy endings on this beautiful sunny day.
Note: Bill's bare feet





I don't know what's going on here.

Hey now....
Am I right, or am I right? 
Part of the unhappy ending to our desert gala, was the dude above in black broke his flip flop.  The most crucial part, you know where the little thing holds your toes down, and in.   And so here you have a shoe-less middle of the desert dude. 
But that's ok, our fun still continued.
Nothing sweeter than shadow fun...right?
Well, they proceeded to get out of control. 
Here, we have cactus kicker dude. 
Who found it incredibly fun to kick the top of "old" dried cactus heads off. 
Note back three pictures up.  Yes, that would be cactus kicker, picking out each and every thorn that adorned his shoes. 
Tonight....Featuring Mr. Thorn, Mrs. Carmen and Mr. Shoeless.
What mama, why are you embarrassed?!
Our purpose of this bridge moment was to catch the racers jump in the water....you know the one we were part of with our nephew for a few years.  Just the buzz of the crowd, and the lights that were lit, made our night.  Shoe-less, and thorn boy and all.
We woke up on Saturday with a couple of guys licking their wounds.  However I had my main purpose.  And that was to write in the sand...my Merry Christmas...
It was kind of working out....
Just a little . 
When you see it.....

We tried.



Good bye for now Nautical, and Turtle Bar.....tis was quite the fun season.
Many families enjoyed traditions, and sunshine floating in front of you....

And as we wrapped up the last day at this bar until next year....I remembered all I was thankful for this year, and season.  The long days on the lake. The sunny moments on our patio, listening to our kids, family and friends laugh.  Tying the boat up to each spot, we'd share more traditions at.  The many sprays of sunblock on eachothers backs...or the umpteenth times we'd get the bumpers out and on, to forget just one...
The lazy days in the channel people watching and peeing...wait, did I just say that?
Always remembering to keep our heads high above THAT water.
The many moments of laughter watching someone else make a fool of themselves, while shortly later, after one too many martini's...you may look the same.  Note: Jaymee, that was only 4 chocolate cherry martinis.  Right? (Side joke: Whats the difference between boobs and martini's?  1 is not enough, and 3 is too many. HA!)
Anyway...back to seriousness.  I sat there next to Bill, my hand in his lap. Soaking up all I am truly thankful for.
This man maintains all things good and safe for us.  His love for boating and the water match mine, times ten.
The music we play, will always take us right back.  Different coves, different moments.
Watching the sunset on the lake, will always recharge my soul.
Coming home by 8, and jumping into the pool, while we crank the tunes.

Those are the days I will look forward to. 


Saturday afternoon, we had the smartest grand idea to stop by the store and get everything to bbq steaks, potatoes, and veggies.  But first, I had to set up our theater seats for the sunset show.
Dinner was prepped.  Steaks were marinating.  Veggies too. Our last cocktail of the week. 
To be sipped by these silly gooses.  What is up with that cheese laugh.  Must be the drink. And/Or the happiness to have my blanket covering me while I wiggle my feet, and wait for that sunset.
But just in time, we caught it.
The four pack.  One almost didn't make it....
Soon enough he did.  And we kissed the sun goodnight.  We cheered to another Thanksgiving at the lake.
We sat and chatted until just at dark.  About life, friendship, bullshit, the night before with the shoeless, and the cactus kicker. 
I'm pretty sure sooner than later I will yearn to head back to our happy place.  It's a safe zone.
It's where our greatest memories and happiest moments have been.

For now, it's nose to the ground, all things h.o.l.i.d.a.y.s.  And I am freaking out.

Get a grip Lisa, you CAN do it.

No seriously Leese, you can.

You've rode this horse in this same rodeo for 25 years.

Giddy up suckas.


Happy Friday night kids.  GO BIG or go....To The Seal Beach Parade tonight. Where the many drunks line the streets, and the kids get all sugared up.  boom. 

Love to you all.

Remember to shine and drink responsibly, 

Leese


No comments: