Thursday, December 5, 2013

Cabo through her eyes.

Thanks for being patient with me while I try to grab energy out of somewhere.  Anywhere.
I just can't rally enough at home. At night.  Dead serious.  My bed reaches out for me, and grabs my arms. And legs.
It takes everything out of me to cook dinner, and fold my laundry.
It really takes an army to curl my hair, and shave my legs.  Tis' the truth.
When it's freezing, this body of mine turns into a sloth.

Are you ready to see Cabo San Lucas....through the eyes of my girl?

Me too.

 This is where they stayed.  kidding.
This was their place of stay.   She had direct orders from her Mama to take a Christmas picture for our card.
In fantasy land I asked for them to hold a little banner by the ocean that said "Merry Christmas".  That went over like a cool breeze in hell.   So....these cute pictures that scream Christmas...are a small token for her mama.  We made it clear, we wanted NO souvenirs.  These are my shells of love.  Right here.
Here are the babysitters. Gorgeous I'd say. Seriously, I love this. 
Sunrises and Sunsets....give it to me baby. 

Wide open ocean.  Love. 
And so his high roller mama and papa, upgraded and stepped up for this beauty.  Hot water by that ocean breeze...yes please...said Kali. 


 Sister and boyfriend...Apphia, and Hayden.


 Love in a hug.
 And these crazy banshies took jet skis out like crazy nuts. 
One of her wishes was a partial hair braid.  
 Gio loves those braids.  ha.
And while the storms passed over southern California, the taste of clouds cruised right on by. 
Of course our love for birds.  Any bird.  This sweet feller came inches to say hello to Kali.  And beg for whatever she had in her hands. 
Next up we have the booze cruise.  Where they crank up the tunes, and make a fun party for all to see.
She loved the music, and she loved watching everyone.  
I love the colors in this.  I love the dude more. 
Soon, they'd land at ziplining.  And I thank the God up above that someone is brave enough to go with my girl.  This Mom is so afraid of heights. 
Oh hi sugar. 
She is her mama's daughter. 
This family made a heartfelt dent in our kids.  They were impressed by their genuine love for each other.  Cabo locals, yet enjoying the great outdoors.  Kali and Gio just kept saying how cute they all were. 




Seniors


 And these little fellers were out for all to enjoy.  What a cute way to share the time in between zip liners. 
To watch them dig, and play.  
Their place of stay. 








The famous "Office"-

 Kali's suggestion to sip the beans.  The food is out. of. control. 

Cheeeeeeeeeese!

Cabo Wabo's

Mama and her boy.


While in Cabo, most all entertainers and servers go way out of their way to make you cozy, happy and full of fun.
The main squeezes.
 
Their week was full of love, laughter, and fun moments.  They experienced things for the first time together...
They endured what patience is about.  The taught each other tolerance, and silly moments.
She came home with a story book filled with goodness.  On a side note, their flight was canceled on Thanksgiving day.  Her heart was broke, because they were to drive up to Havasu on Friday.  Tears were streaming down her face, while Gio held her just as frustrated.  But we all live this life with disappointments, and moments of frustrations, and shock.  
They had a great week in paradise. 
As much as I missed them with us, I knew she was experiencing sun and sand with a fun family.
I know that these memories made will forever be in their hearts.


There are more pictures in her laptop, and more emailed pictures from his Mama. 
I suppose sooner than later I will get around to uploading and blogging.
As I enter my forbidden sappy month, I will fight it like a fighter.
December and I haven't always been the best of friends.
Don't know if it's the cold, or busy bee's buzzing around me.
I cringe when I see people that have their mantles stacked to the top so perfect.
Or their trees up.  Gag me. ha.

In all honesty, it's not the holiday spirit that gets me.
It's the greed and hustle and bustle that do.
When I hear Kali exclaim that "she needs to get her winter formal dress"...
And ACT Testing is upon us, along with her essays.  It's all too much.

During this season.  It just is.  Maybe not for you...but indeed for me.

And each year, as most of my family will testify....I become a bit more shallow.
Tears flow easy. 
Sadness touches my shoulders and doesn't let go, until I can personally shake it.

The cold days, that are shorter, yet a tad more serious.

When I blog, it's therapeautic.  It's a little calm cushion for me.  Yet, when I am busy, it's the last thing I can sit down to do.
It's like my creative juices are gone.

But I have this life.  And it's beautiful.
We are surrounded by awesome loving people.

People like The Castillo family that have always shown Kali every little bit about love.
And kindness.  And travel, and fun.  It's not the material.
It's the teachings, the patience, the traditions.  The family time they share.

And for that....and with that...

I will remind myself when those sad moments grab ahold of my shoulders. 

Like when your girlfriend calls you for a lesson on "how to make her famous toffee" at her house. Last minute.  Our little group of mama's.  Dressed cozy.  Dinner served by that said girlfriend...along with yummy red wine on a Wednesday. 
Cheers Shelly!  Cheers girls...to the simple things.  Just being together, instead of competing for life in the fast lane.  


I promise myself to look at the simple.  The loving.  And the true kind.

May peace be with you.

Have you planned a trip for next year kids?  Do it. 

Lots of high fives to you Christmas decorators, and holiday prepared folks. 
I tip my hat to you kids, I do.

Jingle all the way-

This Mama Lisa

No comments: