Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sisters, Sunshine and Sopping WET Soccer!

Bill took his parents back to Mexico Friday morning. So my sister and I finally took some time out for eachother....I took her down to Sunset Pasta and introduced her to some yummy pasta and wine....We sat there for almost 2 hours. Chatting about life. Daughters...work and childhood.
I had this picture of Gianni to post. Varsity 3rd Base Los Alamitos. Love him! Such a sweet dude! I took 2 pictures before I was asked to "stop taking so many pictures"! by Kali! hahaha!

Saturday's 1st game arriving at UC Irvine. Check in time 12:30. Couldn't be more perfect. I made breakfast, did laundry. Time at home in the morning....preparing for 2 games for the day..(She didn't know I snapped this of her....oh boooy! lol)

Game one.

GO BEACH! #4 Miss. Kali.

Lost- We actually lost both games. So frustrating. Such a long quiet drive home. Kali and I happily headed into our warm cozy house...She made thee best hot chocolate for us. Served to Mommy on a tray...in her room, up on her bed. While we watched "The Help"; which was one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. Cuddled up in her room....preparing for games today.

I awoke early to begin my normal cleaning routine. Prep for the week. I love to surprise K & K with breakfast in bed. This plate is Kris'. Kali won't eat that much. Especially Bisquits and Gravy before a game. But she did gobble up her fav veggie scrambled eggs. Meanwhile we waited on the so-called early rain. I packed my car, prepped our cold gear and headed out.

Arriving on the field with looming dark clouds in the distance, and super cold wind. Here's Kyoko and I waiting for game #3.
And they prepare for game #3. GO BEACH!

And the rain came down, down, down.....

Kali actually loves to play in the rain....

I think because it's just different. And just plain crazy silly.

Taking a breather. Her concern as I sat not too far from her? Me. So sweet. She said "Mom, are you ok?....not too cold?" I smiled and said "Yes, of course honey, I'm fine....I just love to watch you play." BUT......I WAS FREEEEZZZZINNNGGG..

At halftime we were up 2-0. Wind, rain, drenching wet. Umbrella's blowing around, bench soaking wet. Parents standing, sitting, doing everything in our parenting book as we know it to just "bear with it". Until an Official came cruising up on a golf cart to say UC Irvine Reps have closed the field. So we won. It shows with determination it can be done. Hard work. Not giving up. Things CAN happen. Happy Sunday everyone. I know some are thinking "boooo". Like me :) At least it's a cuddly cozy one in. I just went to lunch with Kris and tried a new Cuban place...I am home. It's 5:00pm. I'm lazy. I am ready to call it a day. And so glad both my baby birdies are in. And safe! Muah!

No comments: