Friday, February 10, 2012

And...."It's a WRAP"...........JV Sunset League Champions! 2011-2012

And so....just like that...our JV Girls took the Championship win! The last week of League is exciting...yet a little sad. I do so much prep work between pasta parties, away games..and home games. All along keeping a teen girl transported back and forth to tutors, practices, studies...and a social life....And just like that....it comes to a wrap. Well...the soccer part.

Here's our #13 getting her kick on!


A shot with and for a header. She had 2 this season.


Get it girl!




Ready for a pass....


A Lady Griffin.

Right after her goal!


Header!

There you have JV LADY GRIFFINS 2011-2012-

Since Kindergarten. Almost 16. Cleats, gear, soccer balls, team. Has made her path.


And her Mom creates the fun. My thank you gifts to parents and families for hosting pasta parties....my little treat bags and letters to each girl. "It's the little things...."


Last game vs. Edison. For some of these girls, it's their last High School Soccer game.


Last pasta party.....

And I recruited my buddy for a glass of vino....

While they feasted on Pasta, Salads, Bread and Brownies.....

Always starving after practice....

Coaches gift to the girls...

My gift to the Coach.

On to dinner for the girls at California Pizza Kitchen....my buddies....and fellow Pasta Party helpers...

Of course I get there early to set up. Cindy always shows up to help too. Adding her sweet touches. Mac and Kee

I made little bags for each girl. As they arrive.

Partaaay!

Courtney and Gina doin' a joke banter. So funny.

Pizza, Salad...drinks, and more cupcakes....

More silliness....

I love # 13. So. Much. "These are the years"

As Kyla sings her favorite song by Adele. Melts my soul. Or should I say...Tears are shed.


And more tears shed after reading the card they presented me with. 2 gift cards, one for dinner and the other for a mani-pedi. The love in their notes will forever be in my memory of this season. I wrote them letters. In my letter I always mention the unforgettable moments. The moments that from the beginning when they make the team, whether they are great players or still working on their skills, and goals. They are a team. And the sportsmanship that forms in the few months they are together becomes something undescribable. You must see it. You must feel it. I certainly did. Unforgettable.

So there you have 3 teams made up of beautiful Lady Griffins. 2011-2012- Frosh Soph, Junior Varsity and Varsity. Coaches and assistants. They did it. Until our next adventure....Cheers!

Happy Friday and it's a beautiful one. Go out and get some sunshine today. And if you can't catch it during the day...Say goodbye to it while catching a Sunset. BE GOOD, WORK HARD, PLAY HARDER! XO!

No comments: