Sunday, October 2, 2011

Baby...Baby...Baby......and BEACH Soccer....!

Wasn't yellow the standard color back in the day for babyshowers? Now a days we plan, prepare, and find out just exactly what is growing inside of us....(at least some of us...) My Aunt Susie makes flower arrangements for all of us, for special occasions, and has for years. I think they are just beautiful!

We know that the latest addition and our cousin is a boy....Due in December and anticipated by many....

My cousin Janine made these awesome cupcakes...and cheesecakes. YUM!


Little Damian...with his ever so famous big grin.

My little sweets....(We were checking out the horses next door...)


Dominic and Janine....And little baby J. 11 weeks to go!


Cousins.......


Preparing the games.....

The Aunts. The planners.

Me. Taking a shot at it. I actually was the leader to win. I had 15 in one hand. LOL!


My competitve side.


My hand was shaking so much at the end. Just couldn't get that very last one. The winner had 17.

My Aunt Annette made these diaper candy party favors. ANYONE born in the 60's and 70's will remember the popular party favor such as these. I love them!


So this next game was "Who could make a baby out of playdoh in 2 minutes". Funny. Funny. Funny. And very interesting.

The winner. So clever. So unique. So cute.


Mine. HAHAHA!!!!!!I thought I was clever with a DIAPER!


Another AWESOME and funny game was "Having a baby"- She froze little babies...in ice cubes...and handed each of us one...with a paper towel...to rub and rub and rub...and melt the ice off the baby to birth it. Talk about funny. Our hands were freezing, but the papertowel helps. These 3 games, were so unique. So fun. And so new. Loved it.



Traditional cake cutting. Awwww....



There you have Grandma Nettie! Her only son is having a son. Count down begins....(She's a labor and delivery nurse...and Dominic's dad is a OB GYN.)

Opening our gift.

We brought some Huntington Surf & Sport to the valley! Such cute little onesies, and sweatshirts for little surfer babies....

Dominic and Adela - Bro and Sis....as she is ready to depart to Homecoming Dance 2011- Adela was taking quite a few "Tips" and advice from all the Aunties in the house....lol. Beautiful girl. Soccer player too! (Goalie)- Senior year.

As Kali and I departed for home...the sun was starting to set...the weather was so so perfect...I had on my favorite music....Jack Johnson....and as we approached the city line of Los Angeles...I explained to Kali that my grandparents were raised and married in this very town. I said "Let's cruise through there now, ok?" She said...yes, lets. I exited Fourth Street....Over this bridge...and so she snapped away...we opened my little sun roof...we played our music...and almost speechless, cruised in awe.

Really no where to be. Just to quickly see.









We were soon adjusted back to reality...which in our world is either soccer, or school work. Arriving in Redondo Beach...and probably one of the nicest fields we've played at.

Silly warm ups..?


Versus Victorville. Rough girls. Tough attitude. Strange. Lot's of yellow cards in this game. Tied 0-0.

Our polite Beach Girls aren't quite used to attitudes that come with the territory I guess. Hmmmmmm-I'm from Norwalk. Sitting on the sidelines can be brutal for me at times. It's that mother lion, ghetto part that springs out at times. But I sit. Very very quietly. I bite my tongue. I pray for safe endings and big wins.


It's SUNDAY night... BOOO! My success for today was an awesome new recipe for dinner. Everyone LOVED. Which always makes this mama happy. A prepared fridge for the week of yummy breakfasts, lunches and dinners. A decorated Halloween themed house...Count down to Friday again.......Be happy for what you have everyone. So many have nothing.

No comments: