Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's weeks that end like this.....

It's friday evening's that I look forward to. Unwinding...after a VERY long, and grueling week. I was able to share it with my dear friend Maria...

After tucking away my last part of the weeks tasks, soccer stuff, fundraiser stuff...and arranging Miss. Kali with friends for her adventure...my evening folded into the home of my friends house. We soon headed over to Naples ....cozied up in our own little sofa chair and table..next to a fireplace...paired with an amazing wine from Italy...Calabria "Magno Megonio"-Librandi. AAAAmmmmazzzing. It's the last minute plans. They sometimes just work. The new place she swept me off to....just the two of us. To catch up...to laugh and share mom stories...as our teen girls were also carted off to Knott's Scary Farm. We were able to talk about the life of our teens, the life of our own...the amazing journey us parents embark in. Good girls. Hardworking...made to appreciate all we work to give them. We shared an amazing few hours...with superb wine...(to say the least)...and yummy flat bread pizza with fresh basil, and a pesto sauce to die for. I highly recommend this Ristorante to my local beach fan-fare folks...it's close. It's on 2nd. St. Just as you cross the bridge over Mother's Bay. It's busy. It serves downstairs....(with a bar)...but sneak upstairs for the covered patio, warm feeling..live music, classical..or string guitar...just loud enough....be patient for the perfect seat. Take your love...or take a friend. Perfect place for a couple. Enjoy. I sure did.
Kali's group....along with many many others....arranged their friday night to land here. I have NEVER been a fan of scary movies, scary places, or haunted houses. yuk. Late night for her...I knew she deserved it. I knew she makes good decisions. I knew they were all together. Let them run amuck and be scared together.
1976...When I was 6. My parents planned a trip to Knott's Scary Farm. I remember the excitement to go. I ALSO REMEMBER.....the very first few steps into this place, my two very long braids, a big cave...some gnarly gorilla comes out...grabs my braids....attempts to pull me back near that cave...my parents are laughing, yes laughing... I'm screaming...they continue to laugh...I scream more. Removed myself from the hands of that gorilla...and HAVE NEVER EVER EVER....been back during this spooky time of year. And have never watched a scary movie since either. If things in life don't melt my soul with laughter and happiness...I tend to steer clear.
I woke up to the MOST beautiful day out. It's crispy. It's clear. I drove to the beach to capture my sweet tired teen....I hit a yard sale on the way home...I have a hair appointment today that I count down the minutes to arrive to. And I wish all of you the perfect weekend. Today looks like it will close with the perfect sunset. If you are near the mountains...or near the ocean. Catch the sunset. Shared with those you love. With a great glass of wine...or your choice of drink. Catch it. Life is fast.

No comments: