Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thank you for urging the world to think different....


At the very moment, I was home frazzled by my printer and home computer, both not cooperating...both frustrating, and not speaking their computer language to me or each other....I over heard devastating news. News that the person that inspired the entire world, was painfully taken by Cancer. I soon realized that my little frustration was a mere lost thought considering the pain his family is enduring. That my little hiccup with computer/printer will be resolved. I just heard the most iconic innovator of our world, is gone. He paved the way for the future. For our children. For our grandchildren. Music was changed by I-Tunes, Pixar was welcomed to our world...(which I must say...I am not a big movie or tv person...yet my favorite choice is to cuddle up and watch ANY Pixar film...especially Toy Story and UP...). In fact as I sit here blogging for the first time on Kali's beautiful MacBook, I reminded over and over again what a genius he was. Her MacBook is superb. This beautiful white MacBook is the new generation of what life will be like for her and her children. We will forever be in debt to you....we love our IPOD, MacBook's, ITunes, and soon I wish for an Ipad. I will remind my children this forever and share something I read last night that he offered at a commencement address: SOMETIMES LIFE HITS YOU IN THE HEAD WITH A BRICK. DON'T LOSE FAITH. I'M CONVINCED THAT THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT HIM GOING WAS LOVING WHAT HE DID. YOU'VE GOT TO FIND WHAT YOU LOVE. AND THAT IS AS TRUE FOR YOUR WORK AS IT IS FOR YOUR LOVERS. YOUR WORK IS GOING TO FILL A LARGE PART OF YOUR LIFE, AND THE ONLY WAY TO BE TRULY SATISFIED IS TO DO WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS GREAT WORK. AND THE ONLY WAY TO DO GREAT WORK IS TO LOVE WHAT YOU DO. IF YOU HAVEN'T FOUND IT YET, KEEP LOOKING. DON'T SETTLE. AS WITH ALL MATTERS OF THE HEART, YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU FIND IT. AND, LIKE ANY GREAT RELATIONSHIP, IT JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER AS THE YEARS ROLL ON. SO KEEP LOOKING UNTIL YOU FIND IT. DON'T SETTLE....

Lost during a time when corporate devastation is all around us, he was so needed.

Thank you Steve Jobs. Thank you for urging the entire world to think different. I hope Kris and Kali continue to prosper with all of your diamonds...I mean apples in the sky..... Rest peacefully legend SJ. My blogging heart thanks you for the right to share my world in the hands of your genius inventions....

No comments: