Thursday, December 16, 2010

"A Tree Huggers tree" and another year has passed..


Look how much she's grown! 2 years ago.



So....as we always do, for the last 10 years, we plan it, we have dinner and head over to good ol' Home Depot in search of the perfect tree. We've had all different shapes and styles throughout the years...This year I wanted a lightly flocked, Noble, kind of tall, and the most natural looking tree we could find. And here it is. Bill mentioned when we got to the counter.."hmm it sure would be nice if they had Christmas music or hot cider out..., huh hun?" Yes, he's right..most of all funny and cute to me, because that's normally me missing out on the little things. Guess I rub off on him. I was freezing and ready to pack er up! They had help and carts..but these little elfs carried it off...



The camera- I have an amazing camera that Santa brought me last year. It's truly an amazing camera. It's big, and at times complex, therefore I carry a little one (Kali's) in my purse for the moments I always capture. Well, here we are asking a stranger to get this shot, at first it wouldn't flash...then she was trying to hold it down longer..soon after I was getting embarrased, we thanked her...wished her Happy Holidays... then find it's black and white! lol..And Bill's asleep! hahahaa



Big Bucks was so excited when we got home...He's found one ornament that he likes. He can have it.



So the tree hugger that I am. As Bill calls me, wanted this flocked tree with birds and bright silver and red sprigs, just like the one at Nordstrom. Kali agreed this year, that I'd only put the most precious ones of theirs up, but I would dedicate my tree to birds and something totally different. Basically copying Nordstrom. After finding HD doesn't flock, I settled for my sweet birds without, and all my cute little sprigs settled right in as I wanted. My mom collected owls while I was growing up. Macramay (spelling?) owls everywhere. Total 70's I know...but they were around our house growing up. I guess it still catches my eye. Must be the home feeling. But I read a book last year about owls, and did you know they live with their mates for life? When their mate dies, they die shortly after? Their dedication is amazing.





One of my little ornaments. I love the word "Hope" during the holidays.



Another of my little birdies. They are so cute. Our tree is full of them. Bird houses too.






The tree huggers tree






Santa Clause is coming to town......





Ohh... and of course I had to add flowers too! Flower child






Kris and Kali think it's funny when I snap picture after picture. As I am posting this tonight, I just deleted the funniest cutest picture of K and K in this area of my blog. And I can't figure out how to get it back in this area! ugh!!! They took some of me too that I won't post. I was being way too silly! We had so much fun! I think I'm ready for Christmas. I have a few more things to get...But I told myself to slow down to enjoy time with friends and family...good food and good wine...AND Bill's Margarita's!

Can't wait for Santa....I get excited too!
And to all a goodnight....!

No comments: