Monday, December 27, 2010

The Pineapple Express...left me this...December 2010

After 6 days straight of rain, muddy entries, cold days and nights...Kali home on vacation from school, the skies cleared. They cleared after super heavy rains, and still lots and lots of things to get finished for the holidays. I still had so many things to get done. Holiday parties for our employees, wrapping, wrapping and still more wrapping..and all the little things Mrs. Clause will do within the week before Christmas. Meanwhile, keeping my cool, trying to express to Kris and Kali often how material things will never mean as much as a safe healthy family...and the lives that we all share together. Appreciating little things...The night the biggest storm passed, while driving home I seen Carolers out around the corner, in front of a house, singing so beautifully...I pulled up to my house, ran in shouting for Kali to hurry up and get dressed so we can go walk and find them...and watch. These cute things that you still find during the holidays...She hesitantly got up..like molasses in the cold....got dressed amazingly slowwwww got her shooeeesss onnnn.....grubbled the whole time...until we left and couldn't find them! I was dissappointed of course, but insisted that she walk with me..that we get the winter blues out, and the cabin fever at bay...and so we did. We laughed, we walked, we laughed and talked..We walked around the neighborhood and around a close park, in the dark, everything freshly wet, and cold, and we found this beautiful HUGE leaf. I brought it home to show Kris...The picture with my hand gives it some justice. So pretty! Miss. Abbie on Christmas Eve enjoying the sunshine safe on the porch next to me while I enjoyed my coffee. Santa Paws is coming to town!
What would I do without wine?

My daily early morning date. Yes I AM a Java Junkie-





No comments: