Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa...as we celebrate another year & another Christmas...

This cute tree on the sand...a little tribute to my Grandpa Ramirez....He's been gone 5 years now. His birthday is on Christmas Eve. Every year since, my family gathers there, on his birthday....on a special holiday for many...but for us, it's his birthday and time to reflect. We gather for pastries, bagels, mexican hot chocolate, juice and coffee...we sit there..we speak of the fun memories...and make new ones. I sure miss him. He always had words of wisdom. Hard working man. And always soo sweet to the little ones... We lost our Aunt Arlene back in 1983 in a very tragic car accident. They were very close. When he passed, his wish was to be put with his daughter. And so they are.
Rose Hills, Whittier CA Here's your school Dad and Mom! This is Torch Junior High, La Puente CA. My parents met at this school in the 7th and 8th grade. It looks much different now, so I thought I would capture this shot for you....My parents have been together many many ohhh many years!
Here's Grandma Ramirez' house. This is the only place, thing, house, that has never changed my entire life. From pulling up to that cul-de-sac, to the amazing smell of yummy food when you walk in. It's got a very warm feeling from room to room. We were taken there as babies...laid on her bed...and the feelings just haven't changed. When I was little this house felt sooo big inside.

We celebrate for Good Luck traditions with Tamales, rice and beans...on Christmas Eve. Here is my cousin Evelyn, Grandma in the middle and Amanda.


Some of the cousins. Tori, Kris, Kali, Adam, Amanda and Lexi




Me and Kali... See that little tree in the back? This generation doesn't get what we got years ago. My Grandma always had the biggest tree that would fit in her family room. With so many presents wrapped with the foil 70's wrap..and we'd sit there for what felt like forever opening and opening presents. Now we only do gifts for our Aunts and Grandmas. The little ones, (like mine) get way too many goodies from their parents and their grandparents...



My cousin set up a table out back for us to enjoy some sunshine we were all in need of. It was nice..Good wine, good brews and lots and lots of laughter. I have a super silly fun family...We stayed outside until it got dark and cold...



Cute little tag...something to live by.....for now...












No comments: