Monday, December 20, 2010

Date Night, Checkpoints- Kali baked cookies and Fundraisers...Holidays 2010

Kali was invited to a sleepover at MacKenzie's...after we baked cookies, wrapped presents, shopped some more, I happily put my hair under a hat and exclaimed to Bill, "Hey it's date night!". I drop Kali off in Seal, head over the bridge, quickly run into the house and out of the rain, feeling a little spunky, to find Bill in the completely gutted living room, with the hall way doors on horses..paint all over him, it's cold, it's dusty from the sanding and sawing he just did...and he's super into his work. The look on my face was probably priceless. You know how it goes...I'm driving there..thinkin' oh, man can't wait for a margarita, can't wait to run to our favorite little restaurant...can't wait, can't wait...I'm famous for this. In my head things are gonna be this way...WELL, with age, I've learned. I've learned that no matter how sassy I am, or ever will be, being a knuckle head never helps the situation. Therefore, I took my boots off, told him how pretty the doors have turned out...sympathized on how sore he must be...THEN...made my own margarita (was quite yummy by the way...) and headed to the bedroom, climbed up on the bed, flipped on the TV, covered my legs, wiggled my feet, and was super cozy...and watched The White House Holiday decorators... That alone was a treat. It's amazing how that team decorates the White House. And eco-friendly..and First Lady picked birds and all things natural! So for that hour that he completed his tasks, I learned some more. Never assume, and with a little patience, things usually work out. BUT, the rest of the story goes something like this...we head over to O'Malley's in Seal Beach, where a friend manages. He invited us over for a cocktail and dinner. We sat and chatted with Kirk, had a yummy dinner, caught up with him...and watched the holiday parties and people come and go. The theme in the restaurant that night was "Ugly Holiday Sweater" haha. And boy they were funny. haha. As my cocktail settled into my little soul, I asked Bill if we can run across the street to The Irisher. Yes, a dive bar. I actually like some dive bars. He of course was ready to just head home...but you know the saying.."Mama's happy"...Well, as Bill goes to the restroom I order my drink, and look up on their brightly lit wallboard and it reads - "DUI Checkpoint on PCH and 1st, and 2 more in Sunset and HB...." (We are right in between)Hmmm. Bill walks out of the restroom, I point to the sign, he immediately say's "Well I'll have a water". I had my one drink and we were out of there...And yes, there was several checkpoints that night. We quickly went home and soaked in the jacuzzi. Probably a better place to end date night, rather than jail. Cheers to that! There's Bill having only water in a dive bar! Priceless.
Kali's super cute cookies...Before and after..... She loves PEACE too.

Los Alamitos Girls Soccer hosted our first fundraiser in CPK (California Pizza Kitchen in Seal Beach) with hopes to raise a little more money for our account to cover transportation and any other things that pop up during the season. Kali and MacKenzie..waiting for their food.

The girls. (The undefeated girls!) Megan, Sara, Sophie, Kelly, Mac, Kali, Sara, Raychel, and Bri...






No comments: