Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Meet Miss. Bella

My parents live up in El Dorado Hills on the foothills of Lake Tahoe, up in the Sierra's. They've been married for 43 years. My dad has always loved animals. As most of you know he has many adopted wild life that rely on him. From large to small. He feeds and nurtures, Deer, Wild Turkeys, an abandoned Peacock "Peek Peek"...and a mama skunk and Opossums. Its actually pretty funny to see all the little treats my parents set out for all of them. My mom buys spinach for the peacock, dry cat food for others..she cuts fruit in the summer...In their garden they have a plum and peach tree they share with the deer, and Oppossums...Of course it's seasonal, right now it's freeeziiinnng! And then they get covered in snow...My dad will sit outside and play his guitar and I wonder if every little living creature is listening and watching. So sweet. When you live on 9 acres, and only have eachother, that is what you do. (I would go nuts-lol) My dad has a very kindred heart. He always told me "Animals, children and elderly" are helpless...be kind. They recently started searching for a dog to protect their property, to protect them (or warn them) of any unwanted quests on their property. We all know that pup will never see a night outside. But....she'll bark from inside. Bella's first morning with my dad. Kris drove her up there... My dad's heart is bigger than this....

Miss. Bella - My dad wanted to name her Tulia, but when he asked my mom, (who was a little resistant about getting a dog), she said "Bella"- In Italian it means "Beautiful". Well, as the story goes..."What mama's says...and if mama's happy" haha. This is their first week with her, I'm sure this weekend is going to be full of fun times, potty training, picking up anything she can get into. And teaching her the boundries of mountain living. She's really cute. I think they needed something new like this..She will keep them on their toes!

My dad wanted a small pup that wouldn't show up to chase everything away. I don't know why but I started cracking up when my dad said that...I just imagined some crazy puppy running towards the deer, my dad chasing that...hahaha. Not funny I know. But to me it was. So here's the little girl who is soo clumsy she falls when she runs my dad says.
Kris got a phone call that the puppy was ready to be picked up, he packed up early Monday morning with my brother in law, and they drove 8 hours, to deliver her. "Bucks" got to go along..for the road trip. He was a good boy as always.. Kris caught this cute shot by my parents..He loves my parents house. My dad said he was running like a little crazy boy when he got there.. so excited. He fell into a little stream by their house...So different than the city... That's for sure!






No comments: