Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Perhaps It Will.

Yesterday evening Kris and I took our beloved "Abbie" in for her crossing of the Rainbow Bridge-Or whatever it is they call it.  I'll call it the Bridge That Sucks. 



She was 17 and a chubby cherub.  

She was rescued by me from the LB Shelter after reaching her little 2 month old paw through the cage.

Her tabby face and those beautiful big eyes she sported.

Never meowed just chirped like a little bird at times.

Never far from the food bowl. 

Loved Bill the most.

Loved to be around her family. 

Most always would scadoodle over to me if I went out back.

In December she suffered what we believe was a stroke.

She rehabbed herself in a way that still allowed her to crawl out the kitty door, and always to the food bowl.

Last week she started to lose her bowels, anywhere, anytime.

Kris and I drove her nervously last night.  

So grateful to hug on my boy as I said goodbye.  The doctors and techs so incredibly kind.

The one thing we never want to accept when getting animals is the departure.

Always wanting them to stay the course right along our side.

At least that's what I say.

With time those sweet memories will stay and the sad one like last night will fade.

At least that's what we hope for. 

Perhaps it will.

Kris, thank you for your strength with mama.

You've been such a good brother to her.  She's lucky to have loved and laid on your bed all these nights you've been home.  You never made her move.

For that, she and I are forever grateful.

We have some heavy animal things to deal with this week.  Buckie is not doing well. 

Not eating. 

The tides are shifting fast.

For that, I say...no blogging for me this week.  I need to focus on work, on my family, and mostly on grief and how to get through it. 

Yes, to us, our animals mean more than some humans we've known. 


All my love, as always.....


Mama Forever,

Lisa


No comments: