Friday, April 12, 2019

Pictures.

My parents ask me every year what I want for my birthday.

Seems so weird and rude to say a Range Rover. 

Just kidding.

Because even if I said Range Rover my parents would most likely stare at eachother and say...wha..?

Now if I said, a Tieeeeyyota, as my dad says, they'd say, "oh Lisa, good car, excellent 4WD traction".

None of these conversations ever exist between my parents.
When we talk lately, it's mostly about weather. 
They hate the rain, then they hate the hot weather.
LOL.


Deep down I always think when people ask, or while I see candles being lit, I would wish to see my birdies well, and safe.  To see them happy and at peace.  The world is a cruel place, and sickness and the cloud it leaves behind has now brought me to "wishing" for wellness.  And safety.

Birthdays aren't the material hype these days. 

Give me life.
Give me smiles from those I love and take care of.
Give me good labs.
Give me good interviews.
Give me good laughter. 


For those that know me will say, she doesn't like to be sung to. I don't do attention like that well at all.  Also, don't try to throw me a surprise party, because it will most likely backfire than glow with a happy fire. LOL.  

I love messages.  I love notes.  I love cards.  I love the fact that on my actual birthday, people think of me.  That my young parents drove to a hospital to give me life.  I didn't have a name for a few days.  But according to my mom today in a message that read:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lisa, you were the EASIEST BABY to raise (insert baby head emoji)-Always had a big smile (insert another smiley emoji) for everyone. Happy baby Lisa.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can remember for as long as I can reminisce back of making myself happy, along with trying to make others happy.  Riding my bike for hours and hours...dreaming of making something for myself one day.

My reply to my parents' request this year is to just send me baby pictures.

Childhood.

Pictures of us. Me with them.  Them with me. Anything. 

Childhood. 

In the 70's and the 80's.

Boy, one day I'll share more of my childhood.  For now, I'll keep the moderate life in the forefront.

Parents. 

Albeit, no one has a perfect one. They gave their best.

And the perfect gift for my soul this year is to see myself happy.

The peace maker of the home.


I love when she tells me happy stories of me.


I am lucky to be here.  I am lucky to blow more candles out.

I pray God keeps my family safe.







I pray that I am able to be just as strong as I was last year, and the year before that....


I pray I have the wisdom to read through other humans evil sides, versus loaning my trust out so easily.


I pray I am able to dress up grandbabies in Halloween costumes someday.....




I pray I can help others survive through shit creeks.  


That I can share fun times with family at the lake.....



To some day be a shotgun rider in one of these bad boys....  Gives me chills!





I pray I continue to have my girlfriends through the storms in this life....



For this man right here has shown me what love is.

He carries patience when I don't.

He loves me with my flaws. With my fears. With my feisty tood' somedays.


"I love the way you love me Bill"





Love always wins.

Can't wait to see the pictures my mom and dad have dropped in the mail to their littlest bird in the family.  As my dad calls me, #2.

Well, okay then. 

Almost Forty Nine. 




This Mama Lisa

No comments: