Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Mom, It's Not A Marathon.

Howdy kids!  How was the quick weekend for you?  Mine flashed by like a normal two day stint of fresh air.  Fresh air for me is ocean air.  
This particular bout of fresh air consisted of watching my baby birdie run a 10k.  And let me make myself clear here, apparently "it's not a marathon" according to her.  And I didn't get to see her start, because I had my route screwed up, but I did see her finish.

#lessonsonrunsnotmarathons
#LOL
  

   
As for me and my old soul I thought anything farther than a block away is a marathon jk haha.  Point being, anyone willing to sign up to run a 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k or 56k is just amazing.  I am so proud of her and Maddie.  They trained for a few weeks prior.  Focused and ready to go, they'd zip around Seal Beach.



Moms, Dad, boyfriend and Tucker-the-dog at the finish line with flowers in tow. 


For those that know me, I'm an emotional little caterpillar, so as I started to holla out to her, I had to stop, because it made me tear up.  

For all you runners out there...(Michael, Susie, Nettie and Mom) you guys just kick ass. Plain and simple.  You are amazing. 

That was our Saturday morning!

And to think she's a new mama to this little fur ball...Between her and Grant, this little sugar-bean is bedazzled in love jewels.  Her name is "Mozy"-  Mo....


Sunday was a day to gather at my grandma's house.  A house we all know as the familiar spot.  The same aroma of her. Although things have changed.  LOTS of trinkets everywhere....and lots of love given in gift form over the years...she's still there!

Her beautiful hair, her funny spirit. I felt myself commiserate with her a few times thinking about the years of us running amok around her home.  Out the kitchen side door, around the chimney outside, in the slider to family room, and round' and roun' we went.  I stared down at my sweet little cousins who've now taken our place. Dirty feet, hair falling out of their pony tails.  

At Grandma's house. 

We're lucky to be able to.  To still see this next generation run around.  To be told over and over again..."shut the slider girls"-......

Family.

If I'm being honest here, we've not all been under the same roof for over a year.  At least.  Between family bickers (which who doesn't) to aunties that moved away.  To a girl named Lisa that would choose to stay behind for various reasons for her own family. We were all together.  It felt so good.
I over ate. I regret not getting a family shot before my cousin Dominic left. 

Family.

Together.

Around my beautiful Grandma.

We all know I have a silly dorky phone, so let's keep the comments about the quality of my pictures to ourselves, ok? lol  That means you Kris and Kali...


Here I present to you...Happy Birthday Auntie Nettie....


Would you please look at my Grandma's hair.....She's clapping with the light colored hair on the right...such a beautiful woman.  Parts of her memory are fading. Her comments blossom from being in her late eighties.  Her love for her family is real.  

Happy Birthday Nettie...Sorry I couldn't honor you with a better quality picture. Most of all, what a shame we missed a family portrait out front.  

Next time.

I did score these two 45's from my Grandma's. Nothing fancy. Nothing big.  Just two things my grandmas said I could have.  They were my mamas. 

Blue Velvet.  HAHAHAH.  If that's not the most dreary song of songs, not sure what is. 
I texted my mom the next morning and she said..."what a trip".

Ya, I know mom, what a trip.  Especially to see her autograph with her maiden name on them.  

Funny!



 My aunt also gifted me a metal chair vintage 1960's  (more on that later once I bring that beauty home and paint it yellow).  It's nothing fancy. Just a metal chair that will be given a new spot to bask in all its glory. 

Family.

Together.

10Ks.


Marathon runners.


I mean, 10K runners.


Hope your Monday's went off without a hitch.  Mine was exactly the way I know it to be....

Grind. Phones. People. Answers. Emails. 

Wanna know something funny about me?  I can't handle people that call me while eating. 
I can't handle any emails that have an underscore-LOL- Just don't. 

Example  blahblahblah__@stupidemail.com
HAHAHAHA

And I can't handle humans that walk the Earth without manners. 

I'm here to tell you...Pleases and thank you's are part of this system kids. 

And it goes a very long way. 

Teach em young.  And try it for yourself, it works! HAHAAHA.

And also, those humans that don't scoot up right away in a drive-thru.  Lame.

My son said I'm a nerd for being "that girl"-  

I am that girl.

Get off your phone and scoot up!

*rant over.


K, bye.


Lisa Mom Of A MARATHONER HAHAHA

 K, seriously, bye. 


No comments: