Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Rephrase, Rethink.

I pondered a little bit about my Saturday post.  You know, eggs, not rocks. I wanted to rephrase that just a tad bit more.  Rephrase in a sense of the many different variables and reasons why we are who we are. I clearly need to kick my fear in the ass and let it go like Kali said. BUT--------> You guys, it's so stinkin' hard! I read things that stick in my heart like cement. And they get stuck there. 


What I wanted to say, it's not just illness. It's not just mom's.  It's daddy's too.  Shoot, if I'm keeping things real here, it's just about true with so many other things in this life. We ARE ALL EGGS- HAHA!

 Saturday morning Bill and I were driving to a customers house to match a paint code on his beautiful truck and we passed Edison High School.  I can remember sitting in that parking lot an hour before a big game. Kali's first time playing on Varsity.  Scared to death. It's the moments you hold it all together for them.  My bestie Kyoko can attest to this.  We'd bang our  heads against the wall at times with one of our coaches.  Not you Eddie. LOL-

What I'm trying to say here is the pattern in life and holding it all together like an egg rings true in so many elements in this life.  In parenthood. When our children screw up and we're left to pick up the pieces for them, and for us.  It's just called LIFE.
Like when they don't make the team, or don't get play time, or don't get treated fairly, we hold the egg together more so for them, than us.  Or if you're anything like me, you stir all night and get tangled in your bedding because you mustfigureitalloutforthem--And the cycle goes around and around.  The first heart break and break-up that sends you into a tizzy because you mustfixthisrightnow.  The many heart breaks you watch because of their issues.  The dad that was left to care for his kids because mom just tossed the towel in and took off.  The mom that is raising her kids, and working her butt off to do so. Because she has no choice.  It's all the egg effect if I'm correct, no?
(I miss those afternoon games!)

And so, I just wanted to relay that heartfelt feeling I had Monday morning as I washed my dishes.  I'm still in the traumatic mode, yes, and I'm sorry if at times I seem to drag this shiz across the lawn a little too many times.  It's just hard.  Sumaira, you with me girl?

I also wanted to hand out a huge round of applause to my cousin Mike for his completion of a half marathon this past weekend.(Keep in mind, this is his like 9th marathon in his 3rd year of sobriety..(*all hands in the airrrrr*)  Super Bowl Sunday as everyone prepped for cocktails, good food and fun.  He ran his clean ass off.  One thing you must know about him. He's a recovering recovered...drugs and alcohol dude.  Here's a guy that was out thuggin' and druggin...drinkin' and slinkin.  He's now changed his life around so completely that it makes me tear up typing this. Friday night we sat around a birthday cake singing happy birthday to his chapter 40.  
And because he's competed in their series of races in HB, his medals were in abundance. 

You, Mike. You....are a hero. An egg.  To Gabriella and Damian.  xoxo


When the world seems against the grain.  And the tides push back.  Just remember, the egg.  

And keep handing out love.  It's always a good thing. 

And smiles.  Those are the best!

Hope you have a cozy night.  Or morning.  Just depends on where you are!

ps- And Full Moon in...T-3 Days. Buckle Up Babes!

Love, 
xo
This Mama Lisa



No comments: