Tuesday, February 14, 2017

My Favorite Car Show In CA

We did it you guys, we did it...blinked our eyes and another weekend slid by....!


A few years ago Bill surprised me with tickets to Bad Company out in Indio, remember that?  That, was one heckofa night...remember our shithole hotel motel, and the door wouldn't close, and I almost peed my pants as he kicked it in? LOL!  I am convinced that was the funnest night we've ever had.  By far, the best night. It sincerely was a Valentines weekend for the books.
What we discovered that year was the best car show in all the land.  Sunshine, smooth grass, nice people, hot cars, and a hop skip and a jump from home. We missed it the last couple of years but managed to jet out there this past Saturday morning.  While the rain fell all Friday night, I kept telling myself...just roll with it. The sun will come out. And it did....

Just like the wind on the way to Catalina.....



 I love this color.  So so...much! 
 Forever and ever....baby!
 God Bless America.....
Beautiful eyes you have there....
 This interior is too cute!

 Wouldn't this be such a cute daily driver?  LOVE it!

 For you Kali....SD forever baby....
 Let's do it!
I'm a sucker for steering wheels....





 Got wood?  LOL
Love this BRONCO....and the license plate too....
 So sexy....
 How fun!
 Til the day I die....



Once checked in to our room, here's our view.  San Jacinto Mountains...
I'm pretty confident that red wine in a hotel cup while wearing jammie bottoms while rockin' cramps isn't the most popular gig in the world, but a girls gotta go through whata girls gotta go through.  DON'T BE JEALOUS.  And why I'm telling you this means that I love you and want you to be proud of me because I didn't cry not one tear the entire two days prior.  So there's that.  boom -  I did however manage to zip my lip and put my hands in my pocket a few times last week as that full moon revealed its beautiful self, and I felt like sucker punching a few people but didn't.  I instead just smiled.  And MF'd them under my breath.  While eating chocolate.  LOL
Six stories up.  Each time I looked down, my tummy would flip all the way over. #scaredofheights. 

Tipping my hat to my friend Roxanne for suggesting we visit The Nest.  Talk about a TRIP! A place to go grab a good drink, stand in the corner, or dance on their floor and P.E.O.P.L.E. W.A.T.C.H.  
This fine feller on the way out.  Side note:  Bill and I seemed to have kissed quite a few times inside this lovely joint.  It wasn't until he went to the bathroom that he noticed his red lips were over the top. Never mind though, he fit right in.  BEST LAUGH of the night!  boom. 

Here's the thing about me.  I take my pillow everywhere.  In doing so, I have to hide it with a blanket most times from car to room. Or it's usually stuffed in my luggage. HAHAHA!   For one, Bill is so over it I'm sure.  For two, the print would make you guys roll.  At the end of the night I'd haul it from hotel bar to pool.  FREAK



And while that little getaway was so worth the cramps, and pillow hauling around antics, there is no place like home.  


Kali nailed her sorority recruitment.  I've always reminded her to put her WHOLE heart in whatever she chooses to do. 

Looks like it's working....

Deans List letter emailed to me this morning...Thank you Kali...nice way to start our week....





 ----ALWAYS ALPHA CHI----
And because we didn't take a picture together...here you go.  3 years ago.  Valentines weekend. 


Happy week to you sugar plums.....go be nice.  Do your thing.  Work hard.  And do your part.  

Happy Valentines Day Eve!

This Mama Lisa

No comments: