Thursday, February 16, 2017

My Perspective



I had a post about Valentines and the reasons I don't get caught up in it's glory.  But deleted it because I sounded like a sour puss.  What my message is and was, went something along the lines of feeling for others when yet I used to feel so "entitled".  Throughout the years I tend to fall deeper and deeper in love with Bill. And if my records indicate anything real, I think he feels the same about me.  So when Valentine's crept in  I found myself quickly caught up in the mix, and so I pushed back. Lots of reminders of this life every single morning as I walk around my house and stare at pictures.  Or myself in the mirror. I have this area in my heart that has been taken over by a different outlook these days. My children. My children who aren't little children anymore, so I call them my birdies.  This includes Jen.  So this year instead of "expecting", I instead "showered" my birdies.  The 3 of them working so hard in this life.  One out in college busting butt and partying..jk  She's moving mountains.  She's pushing her goals and doing what she knows will be a good future for herself. And so I sent her a box of things that she doesn't like to buy, like laundry soap, razors, household things, and of course the girlie things us girls love.  I also filled a basket for Jen and Kris.  Jenny working her tail off, working out for this competition coming, along side her boyfriend whom is pushing through all the new days.  Good and bad.  

The idea of a flower delivery doesn't ring the same as it used to.  At least for me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE FLOWERS, and I love when he surprises me. I love cards.  The words he writes.  The meaning behind them stick so much better than in years past.  The history of building love. 
The example of sticking through things. Thick and thin. Heartbreak and melting hearts in good times.
This year his card was spot on.  And we can only stare right into the eye of the other and smile.

Love is such a beautiful yet complicated deal.

The goodness of it all. 

Watching others fall in love.

Empathy for those that aren't.

Compassion for the single mothers and fathers out there making dinners, while putting together little Valentines for their babies. 
For the single people out there just looking for their right soul mate.

I love to see love. I love to see people happy.
 
Realizing that I have a good life, albeit hard at times, I am ok.

And so I just spread kindness.

Why not go give out some of what I can. 

Our Valentines was two of us, with trays on our laps filled with left overs from Sunday. A glass of wine. Clinked it and smiled at the one I love. While Two And A Half Men played in the background.

Simple. 

But my birdies were deservingly (nother'made up word-Ha!) happy.

That's my perspective. 
 
To me, the best feeling is to see others happy. And most important, in love.
Especially that new love. 
Yummy.  
Enjoy every second----


Big Love,

This Mama Lisa

No comments: