Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Clean Desk. Sit And Stare.

I realized this morning that if I didn't pull EVERYTHING out of my desk and clean out each post-it stuck to gosh-knows-what, I'd look silly one day if someone took a peek at all the junk in my desk drawer.  I'm kind of embarrassed of the many paperclips I found, along with pens, pencils, gum, notes to self, tape, and staples.  Staples that I've gone to other desks in search of.  I have three boxes tucked here in the back. {shhhh} The gold mine today was pictures.  I went from wiping, sorting and tossin'--- to....crouched back into my chair staring into the eyes of my babes.  These pictures have been tucked in this drawer for years.  And years.

My babies, on Father's Day in Seal Beach. I can remember Kris' teenage attitude.  Refusing to let a stranger take a picture of us, amongst a few other annoying teenage attitude things.  Funny, my soul won't let me forget just what a turd he was being. Kali was at the age of just wanting to help. And love. And annoy (her brother) His hair was quite the deal at the time.  He always wanted really straight hair, where in fact, he'd be blessed with his mothers frizzy hair.  

Don't let this picture fool you, they were bickering from the minute we got there, until the minute we washed off for home.  Childhood.  Siblings. 7 year gap.

When Kali was younger she raced BMX.  She was quite the racer.  In fact, it was our little Wednesday night tradition for a couple years before soccer took over.  We'd all stop at Sam's Steak Sandwiches, and head to the track.  Her brave little spirit would jump up to the gate, and she'd win the boys.  

 Heart bubble, those freckles, her beautiful brows, her soft golden locks from the beach and lake side summer days...that sweet age of 9.  Kali, mama loves you so much.  Keep stacking your pebbles baby.
(just found out today she landed an intern job for the summer in San Clemente, more on that later...)



I always crack up looking back through the many milestones our kids go through.  From races, to surfing, to soccer, to air soft guns, to baseball, to my son rubbing his legs while playing soccer because "his legs hurt" haha, when in reality he HATED soccer, and never wanted to go back again.  They'd both stay involved in something throughout the years.  Kris always more towards the ocean.  The wild free fresh air type of guy.  

Do yourself a favor, and never stop taking pictures. And print them you guys.  Especially those with little ones.  Keep them in a box.  Digital is there, I know...but someday you might want to pick them up, frame em, or just sit back in your chair and stare. 

Happy Hump Day!

Here's one more lovely shot...



All my love, all the time.  

Never stop being kind.


Love, 

This Mama Lisa

No comments: